Apple CarPlay + ABRP displayed successfully?

All Honda E related discussions
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Can anyone update me please as to

a/ whether the ABRP 'Premium' Version (If purchased!) will display on Honda 'e' via wireless Carplay from an iPhone?

and

b/ whether the SOC transmitted from an appropriate OBD dongle to the ABRP app works?

and,

c/ if so which dongle has been proven to work?

TIA

pk87

Post by pk87 »

kbjpick wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm Can anyone update me please as to

a/ whether the ABRP 'Premium' Version (If purchased!) will display on Honda 'e' via wireless Carplay from an iPhone?

and

b/ whether the SOC transmitted from an appropriate OBD dongle to the ABRP app works?

and,

c/ if so which dongle has been proven to work?

TIA
Hi,
a) yes
b) ABRP reads the data from TRONITY which connects to Honda servers for reading the state - so no dongle needed/supported
c) none

But remember that you also need to have a subscription in TRONITY in order to this to work - bummer.
The limitation is that TRONITY only gets the same data like myHonda+ (only state of charge nothing more) so no regen/draw data, no battery degradation data, no battery temp data.
The charging rate is being calculated by checking SOC and the time it took in periods - so its clearly an approximation.
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Many thanks for alacrity of response - and helpful too - will give it a go
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

TRONITY used to do a free trial and had very limited functionality, but my trial ran out before ABRP was available on Android Auto so I never got to test them together. Also I was disappointed with ABRP at the time but it may well have improved since then.
Let us know how you get on because I’ve recently switched to the dark side (from an Android perspective) and now own an iPhone.

If you’re amazed in a good way then I might look at how to host my own instance of the TRONITY software which was possible a while ago, though I don’t have experience of doing this so don’t expect any update soon from me on this.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

londiniumperson
Currently I am NOT amazed ! - Took out a one month contract on ABRP to evaluate to establish on neither of the cars at interest - Honda 'e' & IONIQ 5 - am I able to correct the default efficiencies of m/kWh such that ABRP calculations ARE meaningful. The bug has I understand been report for a little while with no fix forthcoming. I will try again in a week or so and revert if any progress. Needless to say I have not yet moved to connecting the dongle!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post