Charger stopped working!

All Honda E related discussions
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

My standard Honda 13 amp 3 pin plug charger has stopped working! It charged for a couple of hours last night but cut out mid charge, luckily I had plenty of charge to get to work and back.

When I got home I plugged it back into the car and it wouldn’t charge so I started to investigate. First I checked the lights on the charger and there wasn’t any so i thought I’d try the fuse first. Once changed I plugged it back in and it tripped the breaker in my fuse board!!! Must be an internal issue.

Anyone else had an issue?

Are these covered under the warranty does anyone know??

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Did it came with the car?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
fallenrose

Post by fallenrose »

Hi HondaR84,

When I bought my Honda E Advance I was told that the charger was covered by warranty.

Depending on how much battery you have left in the car, are you able to charge at a local charge point to see if there are any issues with your cars charging system? Or charge your car at a friends place to ensure it is the charger is defective? Just trying to rule out other causes.

Sorry to hear about your issue.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015
In other words, Know your 'SAD FART' rights.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

Yeah the car works fine on a super charger. I’ll pop
Down to Honda and see what they have to say
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Have you tried plugging it into a different socket in your house just by itself (without the car connected).

This would help confirm if its the charger that is causing trouble, or the original 3pin socket.

3pin sockets aren't always up to the job of long term sustained load, and can start to get a bit melty internally after time.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If provided with the car at PDI it should get the same warranty as the car looking at Hondas parts info.

If bought seperately it'll only get 12 months
Ex e owner
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

EEEE wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:44 pm Have you tried plugging it into a different socket in your house just by itself (without the car connected).

This would help confirm if its the charger that is causing trouble, or the original 3pin socket.

3pin sockets aren't always up to the job of long term sustained load, and can start to get a bit melty internally after time.
Yes I tried that and still the same issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post