Ownership Confirmation

All Honda E related discussions
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Received the following email yesterday:

Please confirm whether you still own vehicle.
To ensure your My Honda+ profile remains active and all associated data is secure, please let us know whether you still own your Honda.
All you need to do is open the app and request a passcode. The code will appear on your car’s infotainment screen for 10 minutes and can then be entered in to your My Honda+ app to confirm ownership.
If we do not receive confirmation within 14 days of this notification, your account will be suspended to ensure that all associated data remains secure.

Yesterday i sat in the car with it switched on, in drive, seat belts on and there is nothing on the App regarding requesting a passcode. I drove the car this morning and again, nothing asking me to request or how to request a passcode, everything was working as normal.
I read that this is required every 6 months, so has anyone experienced this and can point me in the direction of what I need to do?

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

It is a slight faff and I forget each time. But I think you have to open the app. Take it to the car and turn in the car. And then I think the code appears. And you put it in the app. But I could be wrong. Sorry
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

As far as I remember, when the car is switched on, you have to open the message app or tap on the small envelope icon at the top left...
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Tried again this morning a couple of times without success.
Nothing in the car or on the app that requests or shows a passcode.
Still, 13 days to go before I no longer exist in the eyes of Honda EU
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Yeah i've been meaning to do it, and had a good search around but couldn't find where to get the code.

I got the email earlier to say i've been suspended, so will have a fiddle with it later.

No major loss to be honest...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Easy to fix....

Delete the email. Delete the app. Enjoy your E. Enjoy life. Nothing lost.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Ral's got it.
mesa

Post by mesa »

I just completed the confirmation today. You need to go back to the garage in the app by pressing the car outline at the top of the page and there should be a button to start the confirmation. I had CarPlay running so I missed the first couple of notifications otherwise it went smoothly.
Charge Yellow e Advance
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

mesa wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:56 pm I just completed the confirmation today. You need to go back to the garage in the app by pressing the car outline at the top of the page and there should be a button to start the confirmation. I had CarPlay running so I missed the first couple of notifications otherwise it went smoothly.
That works!
Thank you for the help. If only Honda made it a bit clearer on how to do it.
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

mesa wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:56 pm I just completed the confirmation today. You need to go back to the garage in the app by pressing the car outline at the top of the page and there should be a button to start the confirmation. I had CarPlay running so I missed the first couple of notifications otherwise it went smoothly.
Very helpful post Mesa!

I was also looking everywhere...

Why did they not tell us in a few lines in the initial email !?