Storm Eunice

All Honda E related discussions
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

With the numerous power cuts the past few day, has anyone used the 3 pin 240V socket to get them through such power cuts like the following:

I think the Honda e may only allow a draw of 1.8KW, but that should be enough to keep a few things running for a bit, or at least to make a cup of tea.

MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I think it is 1,5kW that Honda allows to draw. A cup of tea might be the most demanding task one can throw at it (if an electric kettle is used). Making tea with a coffe machine or a portable stove might be a better idea. Didn't try it with my Honda just yet (since it is still at the dealers), but had trieded living 24 hours with a 1,8kW generator (no issues). Looking forward to a power outage as soon as my Honda will be delivered :D
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

I guess the biggest barrier is Honda's plug being on the inside of the car... You'd have to dangle an extension lead out of the car window, which probably wouldn't end well in a storm, unless if there's another method I'm unaware of? But yeah, I did charge up my car just in case I lost power; thankfully no outages here, but it was nice to know there was a backup solution. The Ioniq 5 (or some variant of E-GMP) will probably be my next car, so really cool to see the V2L function used so practically.