My Honda+

All Honda E related discussions
Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

Hi!
Since a few days the Honda+ app cannot find the location of my car. It has worked flawlessly, but not anymore.
What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

After I posted the message, the app did suddenly find my car!
But it took more than 2 minutes to find it...
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

There is also a new My Honda+ update on Iphone.
tsourtsour

Post by tsourtsour »

There was an email regarding this too. It has to do something with the security of the app but no release notes about the app. Anyone has more information about this?
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Honda has never given a release note more then bugfixes and performance improvement. What i can see there is and update to the ”Digital Key” before it was 6.54.11 now there is 6.55.11.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

It's a shame that Honda aren't open, honest & transparent with the app updates, especially as this is a security issue. Then again when have Honda ever been this type of company?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Sat with single bar of H+ phone signal at work on latest version of app (android 12 on Sony Xperia 1 iii) and car found within 20 seconds.
Ex e owner
Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Since the last update of the app, I can only lock the doors. It is no longer possible to unlock them... Correction. The first action after the update only allowed locking. But once done and returned to the main screen (it takes lore than 30 sec). Unlocking is offered. I was mean to Honda. Please forgive me. :)

Honda Digital Key never worked (Honda has speculated that this is a problem with the SAE unit, do you know this unit?).
And locating the car takes just over a minute.

It's a mobile phone with android 11.

Software is not the cup of tea of Honda, unfortunately.
Honda e Advance 16" « Blanc Platine Métallisé » (Platinum White Pearl)
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Whilst I had an Android phone, the digital key worked but not reliably, I often had to reboot the phone to get it to work. Now that I’m using an iPhone the NFC function is not an available feature but the digital key is now more reliable even if slow to connect.

As for the car locator I found it very slow to respond but this is only available for 12 months unless you pay for an additional subscription charge. I find that my phone does a better & quicker job of telling me where I’ve parked anyway, so haven’t paid for an extension, though I wouldn’t have paid anyway for something this as it’s so poorly implemented.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Rincevent wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am Since the last update of the app, I can only lock the doors. It is no longer possible to unlock them... Correction. The first action after the update only allowed locking. But once done and returned to the main screen (it takes lore than 30 sec). Unlocking is offered. I was mean to Honda. Please forgive me. :)

Honda Digital Key never worked (Honda has speculated that this is a problem with the SAE unit, do you know this unit?).
And locating the car takes just over a minute.

It's a mobile phone with android 11.

Software is not the cup of tea of Honda, unfortunately.
I had the same problem for months, all i took was to reset the SAE unit by disconnecting the battery for 5-10minuts.
Try that iam 100% sure the digital key will work.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post