My Honda+

All Honda E related discussions
nyx

Post by nyx »

My app updates now as well. It says “Updated 11 hours ago” which would be around 1 AM British Summer Time. Did not use the app around then but perhaps it was running in the background.

It also started showing the car’s name and reg again which had been buggy for a while.

Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

My connection to Myhonda+ is also back on after 6 days with no updates.
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

Don't think this will stop happening, however an in-app notification about the maintenance as a heads up are something that we need.
nyx

Post by nyx »

williamchan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:51 pm Don't think this will stop happening, however an in-app notification about the maintenance as a heads up are something that we need.
Have you heard anything to indicate this was planned maintenance?

Honda only told me "we are aware that there has been an issue with the MyHonda+ application and have been advised by our colleagues from the Digital Service department that this issue should now be resolved".

I suggested in my reply that they should provide a "post mortem" after an outage like this, giving some info about what went wrong and what they're doing to avoid it happening again. But their neglect so far makes it seem unlikely.
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

nyx wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:11 pm
williamchan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:51 pm Don't think this will stop happening, however an in-app notification about the maintenance as a heads up are something that we need.
Have you heard anything to indicate this was planned maintenance?

Honda only told me "we are aware that there has been an issue with the MyHonda+ application and have been advised by our colleagues from the Digital Service department that this issue should now be resolved".

I suggested in my reply that they should provide a "post mortem" after an outage like this, giving some info about what went wrong and what they're doing to avoid it happening again. But their neglect so far makes it seem unlikely.
Nope and just said it's back online and asked me to retry, I did however ask if Apple CarPlay is something in the roadmap for Honda e and the answer is no.
nyx

Post by nyx »

williamchan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:13 pm Nope and just said it's back online and asked me to retry, I did however ask if Apple CarPlay is something in the roadmap for Honda e and the answer is no.
Aha, thank you. What do you mean about CarPlay? It already has it :)
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

nyx wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:08 am My app updates now as well. It says “Updated 11 hours ago” which would be around 1 AM British Summer Time. Did not use the app around then but perhaps it was running in the background.

It also started showing the car’s name and reg again which had been buggy for a while.
You know you have to hit the refresh button after logging in and things stopps spinning. The app doesnt refresh itself to the latest just by logging in.
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

as iceberg above - mine also working again - for how long?
nyx

Post by nyx »

Keawon wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:37 amYou know you have to hit the refresh button after logging in and things stopps spinning. The app doesnt refresh itself to the latest just by logging in.
Thank you, I do - though in this case I don’t believe I was actively refreshing at the stated time, so either the app does do it sometimes, or it showed an incorrect time… or I misremember if I did use the app at that time, which is certainly a possibility 😁

I’m wondering if perhaps the car pushes updates to Honda’s servers based on whatever internal logic (e.g. it seems to often send an update before knowing it’s been locked, showing an incorrect unlocked state). And then the app fetches data from the server (but does not ask the car to send fresh data to the server first) e.g. on launch - if you do a full swipe-up restart of the app on iOS you will notice it shows a spinner but does not change the updated-at time. And presumably pressing it will also ask the car to send fresh data.

Pure speculation, but it could explain some things.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Your logic regards the servers makes perfect sense and that’s what I would have thought was a possible reason, however as boasted by Great State, this app is serverless:
Event driven architecture, serverless technology and IoT are all being used to deliver complex legacy solutions that are both flexible and scalable.​
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post