My Honda+

All Honda E related discussions
asjo

Post by asjo »

this app is serverless
Unfortunately "serverless" does not mean that there are no servers, however much the word very much says the exact opposite.

Details on wikipedia:
Serverless computing is a cloud computing execution model in which the cloud provider allocates machine resources on demand, taking care of the servers on behalf of their customers
· https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serverless_computing

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

So as the wiki article states, the disadvantage of ‘Serverless computing’ is that of performance due to the need to ‘spin’ up a server instance and cost being the advantage.
Now that explains why the app is so goddamn slow :roll:

I suspect that Honda spent by factors of many 1000’s more for Great State’s wisdom than they ever would have on dedicated servers for the app.

The company that I work for fear reputational damage over almost anything else, it seems Honda work on a different business model.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:53 pm The company that I work for fear reputational damage over almost anything else, it seems Honda work on a different business model.
The cost of bad reputation by customers is far costly than a few more servers. On top of that why would anyone buy a subscription to any future service if it's not reliable as it is? It just doesn't make sense... Who is in charge of making these decisions that just makes Honda c0ckblock itself for future revenue is beyond me. :idea:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Somehow I can't get rid of the impression that technological development in Japan has become much less innovative in recent years. When I think about how far ahead they were 20 years ago in so many ways and compare it with the situation now, it makes me very sad. Japan used to be such a technological dreamland from the future.
Now it's probably China and South Korea where people from Europe are staring open-mouthed...
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

nyx wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:53 pm
williamchan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:13 pm Nope and just said it's back online and asked me to retry, I did however ask if Apple CarPlay is something in the roadmap for Honda e and the answer is no.
Aha, thank you. What do you mean about CarPlay? It already has it :)
Oops I mean Apple Carkey haha
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:53 pm So as the wiki article states, the disadvantage of ‘Serverless computing’ is that of performance due to the need to ‘spin’ up a server instance and cost being the advantage.
Now that explains why the app is so goddamn slow :roll:

I suspect that Honda spent by factors of many 1000’s more for Great State’s wisdom than they ever would have on dedicated servers for the app.

The company that I work for fear reputational damage over almost anything else, it seems Honda work on a different business model.
Feels like Honda is more focus on the car details than the tech side. As simple as all the apps doing “swipe down” for a refresh or update while we will need to click the update button. IT infrastructure is a thing to improve for sure as well as the app UI.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Lets just hope the tie up with Sony will be a productive one.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Found a website about why websites in Japan are so busy and more about their way of thinking with regard to the Internet. (Is originally a Dutch site). Then you also know that the App is not a priority.

https://www.typify.com/blog/waarom-japa ... -druk-zijn
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Wilier

Post by Wilier »

htom wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:35 am I am new E owner based in Ireland (Co. Cork), our car (E Advanced) was delivered about a month ago. Checked the availability for the My Honda + app from Apple's App Store, however it's not available. Has any fellow Irish owner managed to install and use the app? I do not wish to change the App Store settings to another country. Also, I've emailed Honda Ireland about the same, however no answer yet. Thanks!
Same here new Honda e owner app not available also Ireland 🇮🇪
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

What I still find incredibly annoying is that every six months you have to prove via the App that you are still the owner of your e. Yesterday, I again spent 45 minutes in the car and 30 minutes driving around, but again no code. So I contacted Honda Connect again. It makes me hopeless. Especially when you have to do it every 6 months. :roll:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post