My Honda+

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

iHansz wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:21 am What I still find incredibly annoying is that every six months you have to prove via the App that you are still the owner of your e. Yesterday, I again spent 45 minutes in the car and 30 minutes driving around, but again no code. So I contacted Honda Connect again. It makes me hopeless. Especially when you have to do it every 6 months. :roll:
Here in the UK I've been lucky with this because even though I only usually get 1 bar of any network provider's signal on EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution), the code usually arrives within 5 minutes.
I use my WiFi network to connect to the mobile phone App, if I try to use the mobile signal then like you I'd be spending an inordinate amount of time doing the registration confirmation.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I collected my pre-loved E on Thursday (and loving it so far). When I asked the Dealer about installing the App, it was a rolling of eyes and hands in the air reaction as he acknowledged that the App is a "problem". He did what was needed re. the TCU, gave me some instructions and wished me luck. Given what I've read on this Forum and elsewhere, I'm wondering if activating the App is worth the considerable effort and probable frustration involved.
The services offered by the App are potentially useful for me but my car sits in an integral garage so if I want to initiate, stop or check charging, I've just got to go down a flight of stairs and open an internal door from my hallway.
So, are there any serious disadvantages in not having the App other than the loss of various conveniences?
TIA.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

iHansz wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:21 am What I still find incredibly annoying is that every six months you have to prove via the App that you are still the owner of your e. Yesterday, I again spent 45 minutes in the car and 30 minutes driving around, but again no code. So I contacted Honda Connect again. It makes me hopeless. Especially when you have to do it every 6 months. :roll:
Honda Netherlands fixed it nicely and handled everything remotely. Now I am back in business for another six months. 😁
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

No major issues here, opened up app after getting email, sat in car clicked on app to generate pin and about 20 seconds later dash message box had message with pin in it and entered into app, took about a minute all in. and that was with H+ mode on my mobile not 4G or WiFi.
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Parker87 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:26 am I collected my pre-loved E on Thursday (and loving it so far). When I asked the Dealer about installing the App, it was a rolling of eyes and hands in the air reaction as he acknowledged that the App is a "problem". He did what was needed re. the TCU, gave me some instructions and wished me luck. Given what I've read on this Forum and elsewhere, I'm wondering if activating the App is worth the considerable effort and probable frustration involved.
The services offered by the App are potentially useful for me but my car sits in an integral garage so if I want to initiate, stop or check charging, I've just got to go down a flight of stairs and open an internal door from my hallway.
So, are there any serious disadvantages in not having the App other than the loss of various conveniences?
TIA.
Enjoy your car, and get to know all of it's tech etc. Although I have the App, and can connect to my car, the truth is that I rarely use it. And if I couldn't have it, or had PAY £ for it I wouldn’t bother. Also it frequently “logs” you out. And the signin process has many steps, so that is also a pain.

If and when you have nothing better to do with your life, by all means try the connection process, but even when you have overcome this challenge, you will no doubt wish you had gone fishing instead.

No, it will always be quicker to walk to your car. Keep you a little fitted, and less stressed.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:36 pm
Enjoy your car, and get to know all of it's tech etc. Although I have the App, and can connect to my car, the truth is that I rarely use it. And if I couldn't have it, or had PAY £ for it I wouldn’t bother. Also it frequently “logs” you out. And the signin process has many steps, so that is also a pain.

If and when you have nothing better to do with your life, by all means try the connection process, but even when you have overcome this challenge, you will no doubt wish you had gone fishing instead.

No, it will always be quicker to walk to your car. Keep you a little fitted, and less stressed.
Thanks Advance - wise words indeed. I'll stick with the exercise option for now. :)
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

It wasn't available here when I bought my car so I've been asking the Irish Honda importers about the app over the last few months. To their credit they have been quite open with me about the situation.

Honda Motor Europe have now confirmed to them that they will not launch the app in any additional markets. It's also their understanding that in the original markets where the app was rolled out, Honda Europe are now no longer offering some of the services contained within the app to new customers.

Not exactly a resounding success of an app then...
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Mailforkev wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:07 am It wasn't available here when I bought my car so I've been asking the Irish Honda importers about the app over the last few months. To their credit they have been quite open with me about the situation.

Honda Motor Europe have now confirmed to them that they will not launch the app in any additional markets. It's also their understanding that in the original markets where the app was rolled out, Honda Europe are now no longer offering some of the services contained within the app to new customers.

Not exactly a resounding success of an app then...
They don't do 💩 for the improvement of the app and then wonder why no one likes it... Same for the miraculous OTA updates for the car/infotainment...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Wilier

Post by Wilier »

It’s a pity about the app in Ireland tbh I’d like the personal assistant to work be handy for Erato and such and also the charging stations , it’s annoying not having the use of these features here in Ireland

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post