The e goes on holiday to Norway

All Honda E related discussions
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Amazing! I want to do that too in the next year or 2.

What would be nice is we could just use our bank cards to pay. It’s a worry now, and too much hassle to download and set up all those apps.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Larbor wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:54 am It’s a worry now, and too much hassle to download and set up all those apps.
That's where Tesla shines... We got a give it to them.
One of my main concerns is exactly that and for now at least charging availability in the country next door.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

milligoon wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm Brave man in the e, only been to Norway once 8000+ km in 2 weeks UK - France - Belgium - Netherlands - Germany - Kiel to Oslo - up through Norway to the NordKapp then down - Finland - Sweden - Norway then back from Kiel to UK all done in a smart Roadster with my missus and luggage, Norway is a long country. Marvelous scenery. As is most of Scandinavia, they were long old stretches between towns as you go north.
Very nice trip too! We are thinking of taking the e to the North Cape, according to ABRP it should be possible. Maybe next year? :shock:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

nyx wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:36 pm Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lovely time.

Interesting to see the e in an automatic car wash. Do you do that regularly, and I guess it's worked well? I've read so many online opinions about avoiding it that I've barely even considered doing it :D

I'm also intrigued by your map seemingly showing current charge. By the looks of it, this is ABRP? Does it automatically update the charge via some OBD device, or what?
Thank you, and it was. 8-)

I always have my car washed in a carwash, but not the one I used in Norway, but the car was so dirty that I had to (at least I thought so...). In Holland, I always go to a super deluxe car wash where the car is pulled through and they have special brushes that, they say, don't scratch. I have to say that I am very satisfied with that. Afterwards, the car automatically gets a sort of shine treatment and then it is as if I have polished it myself. Very pleased with it.

That's right, this is the ABRP App you see in the picture, but I don't use an OBD device, because I had one in my previous car and it always drained the battery. So I don't dare to do that in the e. The figures on the screen are now estimated by ABRP based on the data you enter, such as the type of car.
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

FDAD wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:56 am
Larbor wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:54 am It’s a worry now, and too much hassle to download and set up all those apps.
That's where Tesla shines... We got a give it to them.
One of my main concerns is exactly that and for now at least charging availability in the country next door.
In other EU countries, it shouldn't be a problem, there your standard card/App should also work, but as Germany and Belgium don't have many charging stations now, I am waiting to go there to try it out. It would be better if car manufacturers and charging station operators would opt for one universal system, just like you only have one fuel filler pistol. :mrgreen:
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

zemdega wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 pm Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 23.35.11.jpg

I thought that Honda e have 28,5kwh usable battery. Judging by this image it should be close to it's actual battery 35,5kwh. I have never seen more than 200km range btw :D
As you can see, the battery was 87% charged, so if you calculate to 100%, you would end up with about 350 km, which is absolutely not possible. I thought it was funny and sent the pictures to Honda Europe and Honda Netherlands. Unfortunately, oh what a surprise, they did not respond. :roll:
1st registered Oct 2020
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

iHansz wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:37 pm As you can see, the battery was 87% charged, so if you calculate to 100%, you would end up with about 350 km, which is absolutely not possible.
Even infinite range is possible, as long as your downward slope is steep enough. :D I found this interesting graph a while back that will tell you at what downhill slope and what speed you will have infinite range. When I went to Norway earlier this year (last time with the ICE car), I noticed an extremely low fuel consumption as well. I was going from Kristiansand to Porsgrunn and I was using more than 20% less fuel than normal, so I'm thinking that little stretch is going down ever so slightly.

As to Honda Benelux or Honda Europe responding... I tried to call them, because my Honda+ app still doesn't register properly. They were gone for a whole week. Apparently, the entire Benelux phone support staff went to the Brussels Motor Show. All two of them. :roll:

InfRangeDHAngleMinVsSpeed.jpg

2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post