The e goes on holiday to Norway

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

If Mr. P. doesn't crack up, we will take the e to Norway in May/June. From April there is a direct ferry from the Netherlands to Norway. Now you have to go via Germany. We have mapped out a nice route in the south. Are there any tips for charging in Norway? For example, is it often busy at the fast charging stations there? There is sometimes a traffic jam at FastNed. I have a Shell charging card and have already downloaded a Norwegian app from Bilkraft. Any tips are welcome. 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

nyx

Post by nyx »

Wow, that’s ambitious :) How many charging stops on your planned route?

EDIT: Ah, you’re starting in the Netherlands. Not so bad then 😁 First thought you might start out from the UK.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Get the toll road pre pay sorted before you go if you are going to use any toll roads in Norway, it's very efficient
Ex e owner
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

milligoon wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 am Get the toll road pre pay sorted before you go if you are going to use any toll roads in Norway, it's very efficient
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Thanks for the tip!
1st registered Oct 2020
Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

There are a lot of different charging networks here in Norway, but you will come a long way by also downloading FortumCharge&Drive, Mer Norge and Circle K Charge. A recommendation is using ABRP(A Better Route Planner) to plan the trip, then download the apps and setting these up in advance for the chargers where you are going.
Tesla has also opened their chargers in Norway for other cars aswell. So using that network is also an option.

One thing to notice is that there are different charging fees on the different networks. Some have pay per kW, some have per kW + time fee aswell.

May/June is usually not very busy, but will slowly ramp up as we get closer to the end of July.
Modern steel advance 17"
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Haaploos wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:56 am There are a lot of different charging networks here in Norway, but you will come a long way by also downloading FortumCharge&Drive, Mer Norge and Circle K Charge. A recommendation is using ABRP(A Better Route Planner) to plan the trip, then download the apps and setting these up in advance for the chargers where you are going.
Tesla has also opened their chargers in Norway for other cars aswell. So using that network is also an option.

One thing to notice is that there are different charging fees on the different networks. Some have pay per kW, some have per kW + time fee aswell.

May/June is usually not very busy, but will slowly ramp up as we get closer to the end of July.
Thank you for the useful tips! As far as costs are concerned, it doesn't matter much to me, I have to charge anyway otherwise I won't get anywhere. ;)
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

The e is back from the round trip (1.705 km) Norway. The tour (roughly) started at Kristiansand to Porsgrunn to Oslo to Notodden to Røldal to Stavanger to Farsund and back again to Kristiansand. Everything went fine, fortunately on the advice of Haaploos I downloaded a few Norwegian apps for recharging. Unfortunately, the Circle K Charge app is not available for download in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands you can just use your one e.g. Shell Recharge card at any charging station, unfortunately that is not the case in Norway. The Shell card only works at one charge point, luckily I still have a Plugsurfing card and the number of Norwegian apps, but even then you sometimes have to register yourself at a website first. But anyway, I was able to (quickly) charge every time and did so once or twice a day. Of course I used the ABRP App to get advice on where to find a charging station on the routes I was driving.

Because Norway is hilly, and you of course generate electricity when you go downhill, we even reached a range of more than 300 km! I think that is a record. :geek: If you're not in a hurry and don't want to drive too many kilometres a day, it's definitely possible to go on holiday with the e. Of course, it made a difference that we were able to travel with the new ferry from Groningen to Kristiansand.Unfortunately, I have only come across one Norwegian e. A real pity. If there is another country with many charging stations, I would like to hear from you.

A.jpeg

B.jpeg

C.jpeg

D.jpeg

E.jpeg

F.jpeg

G.jpeg

H.jpeg

I.jpeg

J.jpeg

1st registered Oct 2020
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Brave man in the e, only been to Norway once 8000+ km in 2 weeks UK - France - Belgium - Netherlands - Germany - Kiel to Oslo - up through Norway to the NordKapp then down - Finland - Sweden - Norway then back from Kiel to UK all done in a smart Roadster with my missus and luggage, Norway is a long country. Marvelous scenery. As is most of Scandinavia, they were long old stretches between towns as you go north.
Ex e owner
nyx

Post by nyx »

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lovely time.

Interesting to see the e in an automatic car wash. Do you do that regularly, and I guess it's worked well? I've read so many online opinions about avoiding it that I've barely even considered doing it :D

I'm also intrigued by your map seemingly showing current charge. By the looks of it, this is ABRP? Does it automatically update the charge via some OBD device, or what?
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 23.35.11.jpg

I thought that Honda e have 28,5kwh usable battery. Judging by this image it should be close to it's actual battery 35,5kwh. I have never seen more than 200km range btw :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post