Tesla Supercharger Network Opened To Non-Tesla In UK

All Honda E related discussions
User avatar
555djx
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:59 pm
Location: Ashton-under-Lyne, UK

Post by 555djx » Mon May 23, 2022 4:37 pm

igb wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm
The same problem was reported in the earlier Netherlands trial:


Thanks igb

I’ve posted the following comment on YouTube:
I wish I’d been aware of this sooner. I plugged my Honda e into a V3 Tesla Supercharger at the Trafford Centre, Manchester on Friday night. It charged for the 15 minutes I was there (purely as a test), however upon ending the charge it went into ‘fault’ and the red light of doom, CCS charging is now broken and my Honda e is with the dealer for a fix! 🙄
2022 Citroën Ami Pop - Ordered June 2022
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red - September 2021 to ??
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s - December 2020 to ??

User avatar
iHansz
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by iHansz » Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Strange, I also charged at Tesla (it was a V2) and had no problems at all. I charged in November 2021, maybe something has changed in the software since then (by whom?). Fortunately this has been discovered, because I am going to Norway tomorrow with the e and was planning to sometimes charge at Tesla, but I will leave that for now. :?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

User avatar
iHansz
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by iHansz » Mon May 23, 2022 5:04 pm

igb wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm
The same problem was reported in the earlier Netherlands trial:
What a bad camera job. :shock:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

User avatar
555djx
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:59 pm
Location: Ashton-under-Lyne, UK

Post by 555djx » Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am

Screenshot_20220524-103152.png

Looks like the Tesla SuC fried my Honda e! ☹️
Just waiting on part availability and repair timescale.

Update: Part ordered with a delivery time of 3-4 days so leaving my Honda e with the dealer until the end of this week or the beginning of next. Hopefully that'll be the last time I see them until the July service is due!
2022 Citroën Ami Pop - Ordered June 2022
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red - September 2021 to ??
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s - December 2020 to ??

User avatar
FDAD
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by FDAD » Wed May 25, 2022 9:39 am

At least for two times the red charging light has happened to me, non of which were a at a Tesla SuC. The last time it occurred there were some maintenance guys nearby and they offered to see what was going on... The results were bad communication timings between both chargers... In the handshake period (if you know what that means) Easy to solve with a firmware update they told me as their VW ID4 worked just fine when testing between both of us.

Both of the times the cars DC pass through refused to work again until connected to another public charger.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 50 000Kms + ✌️🎂

User avatar
milligoon
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by milligoon » Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

Is it to do with our low charging ability, or the way Tesla implement charging
Lesser Spotted Tiny Blue Owl

User avatar
FDAD
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by FDAD » Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 pm

milligoon wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

Is it to do with our low charging ability, or the way Tesla implement charging
I wouldn't say it's a flaw.. it's just dated software... It's a normal thing to happen... Either the car or the chargers need to be updated...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 50 000Kms + ✌️🎂

turntoport
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:54 am

Post by turntoport » Thu May 26, 2022 8:41 pm

Haven't used a tesla charger, but the app start screen does state "Plug in then select stall"... - is it a sequencing issue or is that requirement irrelevant? (I haven't yet read ISO/IEC 15118, but i'd expect it to be fairly comprehensive in speccing the comms protocols etc.)
atb - ttp

User avatar
milligoon
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by milligoon » Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 am

FDAD wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 pm
milligoon wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

Is it to do with our low charging ability, or the way Tesla implement charging
I wouldn't say it's a flaw.. it's just dated software... It's a normal thing to happen... Either the car or the chargers need to be updated...
I would expect both parties IE car and charger to be singing from the same hymn sheet, IE car tells charger what it can accept then charger delivers that.

If there then is a compatibility issue session to stop not to fry a control board.

Otherwise there would have been more knackered Honda e by now with other high capacity chargers, we were first told that the e was capable of 100kW charging or should that have meant capable of being used on upto 100kW chargers.

I have only ever used a few public chargers the highest capability one being an instavolt charger but often you see other EV owners bemoaning their lower than advertised rate.

Maybe I'm overly cautious?
Lesser Spotted Tiny Blue Owl

User avatar
FDAD
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by FDAD » Fri May 27, 2022 10:45 pm

milligoon wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 am
FDAD wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 pm
milligoon wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

Is it to do with our low charging ability, or the way Tesla implement charging
I wouldn't say it's a flaw.. it's just dated software... It's a normal thing to happen... Either the car or the chargers need to be updated...
I would expect both parties IE car and charger to be singing from the same hymn sheet, IE car tells charger what it can accept then charger delivers that.

If there then is a compatibility issue session to stop not to fry a control board.

Otherwise there would have been more knackered Honda e by now with other high capacity chargers, we were first told that the e was capable of 100kW charging or should that have meant capable of being used on upto 100kW chargers.

I have only ever used a few public chargers the highest capability one being an instavolt charger but often you see other EV owners bemoaning their lower than advertised rate.

Maybe I'm overly cautious?
I used the e with a 250kw charger without issues... Nothing above 48kw of charging. The 100kw charging capabilities were vapourware...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 50 000Kms + ✌️🎂

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post