Tesla Supercharger Network Opened To Non-Tesla In UK

All Honda E related discussions
555djx

Post by 555djx »

igb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm The same problem was reported in the earlier Netherlands trial:

Thanks igb

I’ve posted the following comment on YouTube:
I wish I’d been aware of this sooner. I plugged my Honda e into a V3 Tesla Supercharger at the Trafford Centre, Manchester on Friday night. It charged for the 15 minutes I was there (purely as a test), however upon ending the charge it went into ‘fault’ and the red light of doom, CCS charging is now broken and my Honda e is with the dealer for a fix! 🙄
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Strange, I also charged at Tesla (it was a V2) and had no problems at all. I charged in November 2021, maybe something has changed in the software since then (by whom?). Fortunately this has been discovered, because I am going to Norway tomorrow with the e and was planning to sometimes charge at Tesla, but I will leave that for now. :?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

igb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm The same problem was reported in the earlier Netherlands trial:
What a bad camera job. :shock:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
555djx

Post by 555djx »

Screenshot_20220524-103152.png

Looks like the Tesla SuC fried my Honda e! ☹️
Just waiting on part availability and repair timescale.

Update: Part ordered with a delivery time of 3-4 days so leaving my Honda e with the dealer until the end of this week or the beginning of next. Hopefully that'll be the last time I see them until the July service is due!
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

At least for two times the red charging light has happened to me, non of which were a at a Tesla SuC. The last time it occurred there were some maintenance guys nearby and they offered to see what was going on... The results were bad communication timings between both chargers... In the handshake period (if you know what that means) Easy to solve with a firmware update they told me as their VW ID4 worked just fine when testing between both of us.

Both of the times the cars DC pass through refused to work again until connected to another public charger.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

Is it to do with our low charging ability, or the way Tesla implement charging
Ex e owner
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

milligoon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

I wouldn't say it's a flaw.. it's just dated software... It's a normal thing to happen... Either the car or the chargers need to be updated...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Haven't used a tesla charger, but the app start screen does state "Plug in then select stall"... - is it a sequencing issue or is that requirement irrelevant? (I haven't yet read ISO/IEC 15118, but i'd expect it to be fairly comprehensive in speccing the comms protocols etc.)
atb - ttp
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

FDAD wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 pm
milligoon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm Honda need to formally test this out, to see if there is a flaw in our cars hardware.

I wouldn't say it's a flaw.. it's just dated software... It's a normal thing to happen... Either the car or the chargers need to be updated...
I would expect both parties IE car and charger to be singing from the same hymn sheet, IE car tells charger what it can accept then charger delivers that.

If there then is a compatibility issue session to stop not to fry a control board.

Otherwise there would have been more knackered Honda e by now with other high capacity chargers, we were first told that the e was capable of 100kW charging or should that have meant capable of being used on upto 100kW chargers.

I have only ever used a few public chargers the highest capability one being an instavolt charger but often you see other EV owners bemoaning their lower than advertised rate.

Maybe I'm overly cautious?
Ex e owner
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

milligoon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 am
FDAD wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 pm

I would expect both parties IE car and charger to be singing from the same hymn sheet, IE car tells charger what it can accept then charger delivers that.

If there then is a compatibility issue session to stop not to fry a control board.

Otherwise there would have been more knackered Honda e by now with other high capacity chargers, we were first told that the e was capable of 100kW charging or should that have meant capable of being used on upto 100kW chargers.

I have only ever used a few public chargers the highest capability one being an instavolt charger but often you see other EV owners bemoaning their lower than advertised rate.

Maybe I'm overly cautious?
I used the e with a 250kw charger without issues... Nothing above 48kw of charging. The 100kw charging capabilities were vapourware...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post