Order Update: no more base models

All Honda E related discussions
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Mid-March I ordered a base model, and sent the dealer the insurance details and asked for a delivery update.

He just called and said Honda will no longer be offering the base model, my order date didn't fit their time frame for base models, so, for 2,500 more, I will get an Advance model.

Delivery date: December 2022.

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I had also seen it on the Dutch Honda site. There are only 3 colours left to order. White, black and blue. And now the special edition in red. Would this be the end of the e after all? :cry:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I suppose that if production of the E does end soon, it'd be sad but at least it's more likely that, with such low numbers sold, it will become a Classic in due course. ;)
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

With them making only 50! of the new red ones for the all of Europe, I can only think that the E is on its way out. With a few tweaks, I think it really could become a much, much better seller. On the other hand, if they're not selling well, why do I have to wait 9 months for one? ;)
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Anyone know what the lead times are for the Limited Edition - I'm tempted but must fight the urge!!
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Isotope Toast wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:40 am With them making only 50! of the new red ones for the all of Europe, I can only think that the E is on its way out. With a few tweaks, I think it really could become a much, much better seller. On the other hand, if they're not selling well, why do I have to wait 9 months for one? ;)
The only tweak they would have to make to increase sales is get the range up. And that's not happening :?
zoltansz

Post by zoltansz »

That's the reason I ordered and got an Advanced model. Satisfied.
Ordered white Advance 2022, 17"
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Really sad to hear but also unsurprising. It's still a total rarity in the UK and even two years post release it seems to get more looks than any other EV out there.

I'm very conflicted on what to do when my PCP runs out next September. I don't think I'll keep it- as much as I absolutely love the car's looks, performance and gadgets, the range kills it for me and I can't justify that final payment anymore. The novelty of multiple stops on longer journeys has well and truly worn thin... But on the other hand, will it really become a valued classic someday? I'm not so sure.

If there was any possibility of a battery replacement program, or if Honda were to engineer a swappable thinner pack based on newer hardware, I'd absolutely keep it. If they could somehow jam a 52kWh battery into this thing it'd be my perfect car. Wishful thinking, but yeah, that's my baseline for whatever I get next.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

i think a large proportion of e-ers agree entirely with you there, Minky92. We've acquired an id3 because of the range-charging issue, and it's it like driving an old London bus in comparison. Twice as much range, though. Sigh.
atb - ttp
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

I never really understood the purpose of the standard beyond stopping reviewers making even more of a fuss about the admittedly very high starting price.

Someone trying to save 10% off their food, utility, rent etc makes perfect sense, I would never dismiss or make fun of someone buying something cheaper than I would or did. But lets face it, it is extremely unlikely that 'saving' a similar amount on buying the standard is going to prevent anyone going bankrupt. I absolutely love the car, but more spacious and still green transportation can be bought with a much smaller budget. The additions of more power, a better stereo, more safety features, 360 camera, and other small touches seemed like a no-brainer when I had already accepted the financial kick-in-the-goolies associated with buying one in the first place. I even opted for the 16" wheels, so my car isn't even different from the standard on the outside. Then again, I'm more than happy to be the opposite of those who stick 18 M-badges to their 320d.

Having said that, I would love to be proved wrong and hear of a story where someone indifferent to the charms of the car had no other option but to stretch themselves and buy/lease one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post