Electric Performance

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

For some time I have thought that the performance stats like 0-62 time and 152bhp understate the power of the “e” in comparison to ICE cars.
Today, we were driving home from Bristol. In front were 2 cars following a bus. Coming out of Midford on the B3110 initially there are double white lines. The 2 cars following the bus were leaving a “tempting space” that I thought I could “jump into” and then perhaps overtake the bus later. This road out climbs up, so I was overtaking going up hill, as soon lines allowed.
I was surprised. In no time I was alongside the cars, and rather than brake heavily and cut in behind the bus, I accelerated forward, and overtook the bus as well. A little risky but it worked out ok.
Could I have completed this manoeuvre in others cars I have owned?
Yes. In my Audi TT and S2000 but we are talking 200 and 240 bhp. In an Audi A3 with 150bhp - no way. In my Audi 1.8T 180bhp maybe, but it would have been tight. Ok, this is not scientific, but I was surprised. Didn't even have time to switch to Sport mode. Decision made, foot down and off we go.

A hot day 27°C battery was warm SoC approx 63%. From 40mph to 60/65 in next to no time. And I should be “slowing down” at 73yrs. The wife had dosed off, otherwise she would have wet her knickers.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

:o :lol: I do hope that Electric Performance doesn't turn you into a Senior Delinquent A2020!
But it's good to know that the performance is there.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Was standing at a traffic light the other day next to a very young person (YouTuber?) with a Ferrari. No idea what kind, but it was wide, low and very red. The driver was busy making the engine rev, that sounds so nice, right? I thought, let's see who is faster. So I selected the "sport" button and waited until the traffic light turned red. The driver next to me accelerated (too much) and choked on the gear change. So, I can tell you that the e won. :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I agree that the Honda certainly appears quicker than the stats on paper imply and most noticeable from zero up to 40/50mph.
Only yesterday I had 4 adults in the car and on leaving Portsmouth there is a set of traffic lights that allow traffic to/from the dockyard cross/access the Northbound road. When the light turned green I accelerated, at what I considered to be ‘normal’ and by no means flat out up to the 40mph limit, at which point I checked my mirrors and the other cars in all 3 lanes of traffic were somewhere in the region of 100-200m behind me and I find this a regular occurrence when I’m at the front of a traffic queue. No one in the car (mother in law, wife & son) commented so I’m sure I wasn’t using ‘excessive’ acceleration by any means.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

And that's why you all wear out your rear tyres so quickly :)
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Nowadays I am all about getting the best mileage so I am not flooring as much as I used to at the beginnig. Anyway, once I stood in a traffic light next to a Honda bike. The biker was not aware of my intentions, meanwhile, I was all fast and furious: sport mode on, staring at the lights, foot on pedal to floor it as soon as possible. The biker took off right away expecting leaving everyone behind. To his surprise I was right beside him (he gave me a confused look). So yes, from 0 to something reasonable the E can be as quick as a bike :D
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I don't believe that Sport mode has any performance impact, it only adjusts the accelerator pedal and steering wheel feel.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

It adds +100 to speed in the driver's head :D Eco mode would be more useful imho.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:04 pm I don't believe that Sport mode has any performance impact, it only adjusts the accelerator pedal and steering wheel feel.
Are you sure? I think it activates warp mode. :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

iHansz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:40 pm Was standing at a traffic light the other day next to a very young person (YouTuber?) with a Ferrari. No idea what kind, but it was wide, low and very red. The driver was busy making the engine rev, that sounds so nice, right? I thought, let's see who is faster. So I selected the "sport" button and waited until the traffic light turned red. The driver next to me accelerated (too much) and choked on the gear change. So, I can tell you that the e won. :lol:
Nice one, and you didn’t even have the “Red” e!
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post