Locking the Charging Cable

All Honda E related discussions
Shhhyawn

Post by Shhhyawn »

Hey guys

So I've had my E for a few months now and I've been wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock the type 2 AC cable into the car? A 7kw charging unit at my workplace and certain free to use supermarket chargers in my area can be yoinked out at the unit end without any authorisation, allowing the cable to be disconnected from the car simply by pushing the little button. I'm a little wary of some troublemaking kids that like to loiter around my workplace during the day.

Is there a menu option I'm missing here? My previous Leaf had a switch on the dash allowing the cable to be firmly locked into the car preventing mischief, but as far as i can tell the cable can be freely removed from the E whether the car is unlocked or locked. Other paid charging services of course require an app or NFC card to disconnect the cable from the unit but failing that the cable seems to be free for the taking.

Cheers

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

when the car is locked, the button in the charge bay is inoperative, even when charging is finished. Its the same with the button on the front of the grille, the flap wont open either when the car is locked.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Shhhyawn

Post by Shhhyawn »

Thanks for the info!
There's a grille button to open the charge door?! I've been fumbling with the key fob!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Yes, to he right of the front camera, actually on the front of the car. It's black on black so hard to see unless you look for it.

If the cable locking still doesn't work, check that the type 2 connector has the little square cutout (this is what the tang locks into). The interlock mechanism makes quite a localised click when charging starts. If you don't hear that from the charge port area then it's possible your mech is not working
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post