honda hack on honda-e & APK install

All Honda E related discussions
Marmorn

Post by Marmorn »

Hello everyone,

i was watching videos about the well-known honda hack software to install 3rd party app in the infotaiment of the honda-e (like in this video). however the procedure relies on the fact that, after having activated developer mode, it iks necessary to enter inside the developer menu by key combination( for more infos search on the internet), but i'm not able to acess the menu to change role from host to device ( at minute 3.50). Has someone figured out how manage to enter in such menu? thank you.
Anyway one another possible solution for apk installing could be externall drive installation and, by entering in developer menu (by tapping on build version info), that there is a setting to force the installation. It could be a way to unlock the .apk installation, has someone tryed this?

Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

What video are you referring to?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Steinninn wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:38 pm What video are you referring to?
There is none... for the E at least. There are plenty of videos but they are either CRV, HRV RIDGELINE, CIVIC etc not the E Headunit.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Marmorn wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:47 am Hello everyone,

i was watching videos about the well-known honda hack software to install 3rd party app in the infotaiment of the honda-e (like in this video). however the procedure relies on the fact that, after having activated developer mode, it iks necessary to enter inside the developer menu by key combination( for more infos search on the internet), but i'm not able to acess the menu to change role from host to device ( at minute 3.50). Has someone figured out how manage to enter in such menu? thank you.
Anyway one another possible solution for apk installing could be externall drive installation and, by entering in developer menu (by tapping on build version info), that there is a setting to force the installation. It could be a way to unlock the .apk installation, has someone tryed this?
Are you talking about this video?

At 3:50 the video is just about finished. So I think you were watching something else :)
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

I called Honda support in Japan for 3rd party APK installation. The support told me the feature is currently unavailable or not usable. There is a button on the screen for APK installation but you cannot install 3rd third-party app. I'm sure some programmers can hack and we can use the feature.
Only very little part of the Android system is available in this Honda system. I'm very annoyed!
I gave up playing the system and purchased an Android Ai box called PICASOU2. It solved one problem but another problem shows up. This is my original post.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1399
Aqsa4

Post by Aqsa4 »

Marmorn wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:47 am Hello everyone,

Why can't I access the developer menu on my Honda-e after activating developer mode? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post