Honda core connectivity activation - anybody who was stuck, eventually got it activated?

All Honda E related discussions
betonos

Post by betonos »

I've purchased Honda E demo car. I've successfully transferred ownership in myhonda+ app to my profile (entering pin etc.). Then I've tried activating core connectivity (I have it in Polish language, so hopefully that is how it's called in English) - I went through purchase process, got e-mail confirming my purchase and the service was stated as not active. It said to go into car, buckle seatbelt and turn on ignition for 20 mins. I did that several times - no success.

I've contacted honda support (online) and they've replied that they've set it up again and I need to re-activate.
What I observed, that in app my subscription was cancelled with status "cancelled - awaiting refund". After refund was processed, I was able to purchase the subscription again, which I did. I paid, and the subscription again showed up as "not active" (with a brief period during which it was saying something along "preparing your subscription"). I did the 20-mins-in-car procedure again, to no success. Stuck at "not active" So basically, I'm back at the beginning.

In the meantime, my other service for digital key access is active (I've activated it 2 days after the failure of core connectivity activation, and it activated almost immediately).

I've contacted Honda again, I've read the forums here and noticed many people had problems with the core connectivity, but the threads were not continued eventually.

So, the question is, does anybody here successfully went through the activation process being initially stuck on the "not active" state?

PS: the app is utter garbage in general...

tomasblas

Post by tomasblas »

Hi betonos.

I'm new to this forum and I've recently gone through exactly the same process you described after purchasing a Honda e demo car from the dealer. The car plate is dated Dec 2020 and only 1,600 km but it seems that the Honda app had been registered before.

I also went to a different Honda dealer and they checked the TCU status and connectivity but nothing changed.

My current status is not "not active" but "activating" the subscription. It's been like this for some weeks already, they also cancelled and refund the previous subscription, and I started a new one but again with no success.

The Honda phone service finally told me to wait as it was a global problem but offered me no dates nor alternative solution.

I post a screenshot of my app now. It's in Spanish but just to illustrate it.

Please, share any other similar situation and if you get a solution.

Cheers!

Screenshot_2022-09-06-06-28-06-141_com.honda_eu.connected.app.jpg

tomasblas

Post by tomasblas »

Update: The problem seems to be solved now. My subscription was automatically activated on Tuesday (Sep 23th).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post