New accessories

All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The German webpage lists new accessories: https://www.honda.de/cars/new/honda-e/a ... gn=honda_e

Some are interesting, some will raise the critic's eyebrows :shock: :

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-18 um 18.37.42.png

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

The bonnet stripes look good. Not sure about the other accessories. I think I can whip up some cushions 😀
An that charge cover is a concern!!
Rei

Post by Rei »

I don't think any of them make it look better really. I'll take the mats if they are not too expensive.

I wanted more from the lighting back. For 500 quid it should be more than just the door guards and centre console.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

That charge flap cover is very worrying if there's even a hint of suggestion that one might actually need it! I hope it's just there because so many people have requested it due to "unfounded" concerns about crap accumulating in there, and maybe someone at Honda thought - 'Well, why not take to opportunity to take even more of their money'. The other possibility is they though - 'Oh dear. Crap build-up under the charge flap is a serious issue in our testing. Let's have a product ready to attempt to mitigate it'. If it's the latter, then they better be giving it away for free!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Btw RAL7004 - Where are these new accessories? All I get on the configurator is: "Das Zubehör für den Honda e ist noch nicht verfügbar"

Oh wait, I see now from your original link. At least it's reassuring that the German site also has its imperfections. :lol:
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The German website offers new - partly unnecessary and quite expensive - accessories:

Honda  Honda e  Elektrische Fahrzeuge  BEVs  Elektrofahrzeuge.png

keithr

Post by keithr »

Why is a tow hook an official accessory when the owner's manual clearly says (on page 380), "Your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties."? :o
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Well, it just looks like one...

The German description says: Use only for bicycle carriers from Honda accessories. The ball head is designed in such a way that the use of a trailer is not possible, since no trailer load is permitted for the Honda e.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Some of the pricing seems a bit crazy.

I have some info on the home chargers from the dealer. Apparently there will be two options in the UK, either just the charger or you can sign up with their energy provider and get some kind of deal. Might be worth looking at especially as it will probably only lock you in for a year or something.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

The EV chargers are VERY expensive. Even with the £350 gov OLEV, still a lot. Will be interesting to see the UK prices and energy deals