Home Charging Units

All Honda E related discussions
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on home charging units? I know Honda will have their own charger but as a happy customer of Octopus and a fan of the Agile Tariff I have been looking at the Ohme charger but it's a bit of an ugly looking thing.

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Not sure there’s such a thing as a “pretty” charger. I’ve a Zappi from Myenergi. Very good if you have solar panels
I’m waiting to see the Honda charger offer thru their e:Progress new offer
I will investigate the Octopus Agile. I’m on Octopus Go at the moment
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

tcg68 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:44 am Just wondering what people's thoughts are on home charging units? I know Honda will have their own charger but as a happy customer of Octopus and a fan of the Agile Tariff I have been looking at the Ohme charger but it's a bit of an ugly looking thing.
Ooo the Ohme charger does look like an interesting product, thanks for the heads up. Do you think it will work directly with something like Octopus Agile, where the rate is unknown in advance?
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:13 pm
tcg68 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:44 am Just wondering what people's thoughts are on home charging units? I know Honda will have their own charger but as a happy customer of Octopus and a fan of the Agile Tariff I have been looking at the Ohme charger but it's a bit of an ugly looking thing.
Ooo the Ohme charger does look like an interesting product, thanks for the heads up. Do you think it will work directly with something like Octopus Agile, where the rate is unknown in advance?
That's the idea. Apparently you tell it how much charge you want in your car and by what time and it works out the cheapest half-hour charging slots to use in order to minimise the cost of the power. However, it uses a 3G/4G signal for comms and someone did suggest that they may start charging for that after a while and you would need to factor whether that then negates the savings you are making. I should email them for more information.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

tcg68 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:23 am...it uses a 3G/4G signal for comms and someone did suggest that they may start charging for that after a while and you would need to factor whether that then negates the savings you are making. I should email them for more information.
Ergh. It should definitely offer connectivity via ones own broadband (WiFi and ideally wired Ethernet).
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

I emailed them yesterday and they responded quite quickly. They promise no charges for the 3 years that it is under warranty but can't say what the policy would be after that.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

A site worth investigating:

https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post