Quick question about battery charging

All Honda E related discussions
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Only time will tell who is doing it right. Which means we will never know because by that time owner would have been changed more than twice most probably.

DonJohnsonJr

Post by DonJohnsonJr » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Reuben80 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:50 pm
Only time will tell who is doing it right. Which means we will never know because by that time owner would have been changed more than twice most probably.
True. So why be super careful careful now, if the time the battery would start showing degradation the value of the car is already substantially lower due to age anyway and not even owned by you?

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:59 am

DonJohnsonJr wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:21 pm
Reuben80 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:50 pm
True. So why be super careful careful now, if the time the battery would start showing degradation the value of the car is already substantially lower due to age anyway and not even owned by you?
Because it does not cost me anything and because I have 8 years experience with a Toyota Yaris Hybrid with a 1kWh battery and the degradation was very sudden after the 7th year. When it degrades is too late. You cannot sell it and make money out of it.

asjo

Post by asjo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:59 am

I have a Citroën C-zero from 2011 where the battery is doing quite okay and it has never been nursed within a narrow range of charge (I bought it from the local municipality, where they didn't care, and I have been charging it to full over night when charging since I bought it), so I guess your batteries may vary.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post