Honda e Owner's Manual now online!

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:45 pm Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-12 um 18.42.46.png
Brilliant. Much like in Jonny Smith’s YouTube review when he tries the Honda Assistant and it give “suggested phrases” such as “how much gas is remaining”! What, like in the aircon system?!

keithr

Post by keithr »

I like that the speed limiter can be set to conform to the speed limit signs that it detects. On page 411:

Intelligent Speed Limiter
Automatically sets the speed limit that the traffic sign recognition system detects. And the speed limit cannot be exceeded even if you are depressing the accelerator pedal. If you fully depress the accelerator the speed limit can be exceeded.
JCE1

Post by JCE1 »

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Honda E has a Heat Pump for Climate Control ?

Can't see anything in the manual ?

Regards
keithr

Post by keithr »

I was surprised to read on page 574 concerning the high voltage battery:

"In order to extend the lifespan of the battery, it is recommended that you fully charge the battery each time prior to driving."

It's normally recommended for car Li-ion battery packs to only charge to 80% (or less) unless you need the full range, and not to charge if the battery is already at or above 80% (again, unless you need the maximum range). Leaving the car unused for a long time, it's best to leave the battery pack at about 50% charge.

I do lots of short journeys (less than 2 miles from home, so less than 4 miles round trip). Charging back up to 100% each time would be silly! It would also be less efficient, because at or near 100% charge means you have none or very little regenerative braking available.
Last edited by keithr on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithr

Post by keithr »

JCE1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:57 pm Does anyone know if the Honda E has a Heat Pump for Climate Control ?
I read that someone had asked Honda (UK) that question, and he was told that it did have a heat pump. I've not seen it officially confirmed in writing anywhere though.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I have been told by Honda UK that the e has a heat pump.

I was surprised by the charge to 100%. It could be that Honda e battery management means you charging to 100 actually means say 80% because the other 20 is “hidden”. Thus could also explain the relatively low range from a 35kWh battery compared to the competition. Maybe Honda will release more battery as they gain confidence in our use. Like Jaguar have done with the iPace
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

keithr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:11 pm I do lots of short journeys (less than 2 miles from home, so less than 4 miles round trip). Charging back up to 100% each time would be silly! It would also be less efficient, because at or near 100% charge means you have none or very little regenerative braking available.
Good point about the regen, I hadn't considered that. However good the battery management is, the ability to push high current back through a highly charged battery is very limited, as seen by the very slow charge rate for the last 10-20% to 100% charge, for which the e is no different to other EVS.
eread

Post by eread »

Pretty much read the entire thing. I noticed the VESS or AVAS as Honda are calling it cannot be disabled which has (for me) swung my instant love the E. Don't get me wrong it's important in crowded places and car parks - but it's not helpful in constant traffic where pedestrians are minimized or no-where to be seen. Hyundai, for example, allows you to turn it off when you want to (it resets each time you start driving again)

The ability to not be able to disable it would drive me crazy considering I do a lot of late-night driving 10 pm onwards where disable the VESS would be critical to not annoying any neighbors and maybe saving some power?

I'm also having some range concerns in a circle of "it's not enough" to "it's enough for what I want" If the range was closer to around 160-180 it would be ideal
Rei

Post by Rei »

The law was going to change so you were not allowed to turn it off, I don't know if it was cancelled due to brexit or if we are doing it anyway. At the moment the government's attitude seems to be to do the opposite of the EU just to be contrary.

The noise the E makes isn't bad, not annoying like some cars. It's not as loud as a fossil car either so I wouldn't worry about the neighbours. Maybe you can unplug it anyway, the Kona works with it unplugged.
eread

Post by eread »

Rei wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:33 pm ...The law was going to change so you were not allowed to turn it off....The noise the E makes isn't bad, not annoying like some cars. It's not as loud as a fossil car...
I just checked after you said this and (at least) for the Hyundai Ioniq 2020 electric there is no longer a button to disable it. Quite frustrating still because my initial attraction to EV was silence and bliss, not weird sci-fi noises. I listened to the Honda E sound and it does sound rather "calm/natural" (unlike the disgusting ipace noise)

I still wish there was flexible freedom to disable it. From what I've always been told it was only disabled when traveling where pedestrians either weren't a concern or there were none. It would be neat in the future if cars were so connected that a person with difficulties like hearing would have a little gadget to vibrate indicating a car was close by or start beeping located on the person instead. It seems more practical but not right now when cars aren't connected to a master system fully.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post