UK service offer

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

I found a local place that says they do EV servicing "from" £75 but who knows how much for the e.

If I end up taking the Honda servicing plan I'd be getting to done every 6 months for sure. To be fair the local Honda place does a good job and they wash and valet the car too. If it included breakdown/flat battery cover it might be okay but that's £350 extra!

Reading the fine print (https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/loc ... 20Plan.pdf) I do wonder though what they cover. I mean will you get a courtesy car or is that not included?

tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Just stumbled across this on the Honda UK Finance offers page for the e:

**Honda e half price 5 years service package: Customer saving of £324.50 off the standard 5 years £649 service package. Applicable to all new retail Honda e models ordered from ordered from 01 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 and registered by 30 June 2020.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Oh no. That means that are planning to go ahead with delivery in June/July.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

tcg68 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:20 am Just stumbled across this on the Honda UK Finance offers page for the e:

**Honda e half price 5 years service package: Customer saving of £324.50 off the standard 5 years £649 service package. Applicable to all new retail Honda e models ordered from ordered from 01 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 and registered by 30 June 2020.
Hmm, placing an order between April and June, and being able to have the vehicle registered by the end of June suggests there won't be any waiting list for the car. Sort of makes me feel a bit of a mug giving Honda £800 all those months ago so that we wouldn't have to wait over a year to buy one when they come out (as was the case at the time with, for example, the Kia e-niro).
Rei

Post by Rei »

rickwookie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:32 am
tcg68 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:20 am Just stumbled across this on the Honda UK Finance offers page for the e:

Hmm, placing an order between April and June, and being able to have the vehicle registered by the end of June suggests there won't be any waiting list for the car. Sort of makes me feel a bit of a mug giving Honda £800 all those months ago so that we wouldn't have to wait over a year to buy one when they come out (as was the case at the time with, for example, the Kia e-niro).
To be fair no one could have predicted coronavirus would have this effect. I bet every manufacturer and every new car is in the same boat, loads of cancellations and deposit refunds. People can't sell their old cars to finance the new ones, jobs are gone, people don't want to take on £300/month PCP contracts.

I wonder what the waiting lists for the Mini and Kona are like now. Much shorter I'll bet.

I'm going to have to think very carefully about taking this car now. A discount would help especially because I lost thousands in the value of my old one. Maybe some kind of scrappage/trade in and a good PCP rate.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Agree with your point entirely Rei
I really can’t decide what to do
We have a Mini Countryman PHEV 15 months through a 36 month lease. Not travelling due to Covid. I can work from home. My daughter back from uni and we have her 2012 VW up! Also going nowhere. I really want the Honda e. But do I need it? Probably not. So a difficult decision
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I have just seen this as I'm trawl through all the unread posts.
I would have expected dealers to honour this offer for those of us that actually placed an order last year, with not a single car being registered in the UK by the 30 June.
The salesman that I spoke to yesterday said that they had no servicing information or cost, that guy is either incompetent or a liar & I think I know which when he told me that Honda would terminate the dealerships contract if even 1 car was discounted by an offer of any freebies or reduced cost dealer fit options because NOTHING can be put on the order at zero or reduced cost without effectively reducing the vehicle cost.

I really like the car but the dealers are showing their true colours yet again with EVs.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I wouldn’t be surprised if they extend the offer - as they haven’t delivered anything yet 😊
My dealer said the e, like the Type R is a halo vehicle and not part of their dealer targets. It’s a lower margin for them (small violin time). So less opportunity for discounts. But hopefully keep their value better 🤞
Dealer Principal said he’d try his best for my deal for additional items. But let’s see.
From a poor start I think my dealer is really trying to help. But again let’s see.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:01 pm

I have just seen this as I'm trawl through all the unread posts.
I would have expected dealers to honour this offer for those of us that actually placed an order last year, with not a single car being registered in the UK by the 30 June.
The salesman that I spoke to yesterday said that they had no servicing information or cost, that guy is either incompetent or a liar & I think I know which when he told me that Honda would terminate the dealerships contract if even 1 car was discounted by an offer of any freebies or reduced cost dealer fit options because NOTHING can be put on the order at zero or reduced cost without effectively reducing the vehicle cost.

I really like the car but the dealers are showing their true colours yet again with EVs.
Wow, I know car dealers take everyone for mugs, but terminate their contract, that’s next level stuff!
Speaking of liars, I drove by my dealers yesterday evening (it was already closed) to see if so could see an e there. Sure enough there was. Surely they could have let us have a test drive just using the trade plates. Other dealers have done so.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

£324.5 for 5 year service would be good values £64 per year if it included software and updates.
But then again EV servicing is do a diagnostic check, screen wash and pump up the tyres 😊

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post