Honda e gymkhana day

All Honda E related discussions
karl1994

Post by karl1994 »

Side note: spoon motorsport recently released a video ( not sure if others have posted it already, cant seem to find it) regarding the honda e and also the new civic. Waiting with anticipation if they would provide a little breath of fresh air in the aftermarket area. Not very high on expectations tho as they mentioned its more of a study than a project.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

karl1994 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm
Thats a good idea, however parts from i where live will take a long and difficult time to arrive in general. While im happy the E is such a unique and rare little car, the downside to all of these is the serious lack of after market support and even knowledge..

on the footage, let me compile some together and post it on private youtube channel. Will update with the link
I'll try and compile a manual for fully disabling traction control.
Without disconnecting anything.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I find the e does have a tendency to understeer, especially since I've fitted harder tyres (michelin primacys) on the 17s. More noticeable in the rain and when the tyres are cold naturally.

I think the problem is that the car is unlike most others. It's heavy, has wider rear tyres, and quite a high steering angle and loads of torque.

It's quite easy to slow down too much in a straight line, turn in and then accelerate and simply understeer, before you have given the car chance to lean in and load up the front tyres with any kind of dynamic weight transfer. This doesn't happen in slaloms so much, because you are rolling in and out of the bends. Because there is a lot of suspension travel, it takes longer to transfer the weight to the front compared to a sportier car. I don't tend to drive it like a lunatic in the bends, but if you don't wait for the front to load up before easing in the loud pedal, it'll just push on quite easily at low speed situations like T junctions.

I can also confirm that the first thing to do when looking for performance is to buy some decent tyres. The PS4's are only average, a great all rounder. Even budget track tyres like federal 595rs are better and take a real beating temperature wise (wont drop off when they get hot). Michelin cup 2 is a further step up in grip levels, but id say unsuitable for day to day use on the e (pricey, and too sticky - picks up a lot of debris, wont last long, not much tread to begin with).

Just my thoughts, but I wouldn't try to modify the e to make it faster, you'll just ruin a perfectly fun little car. Get an old civic and strip it out, you'll have much more fun (and options for performance mods).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

FDAD wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:54 pm
karl1994 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm
Thats a good idea, however parts from i where live will take a long and difficult time to arrive in general. While im happy the E is such a unique and rare little car, the downside to all of these is the serious lack of after market support and even knowledge..

on the footage, let me compile some together and post it on private youtube channel. Will update with the link
I'll try and compile a manual for fully disabling traction control.
Without disconnecting anything.
It would be useful to know if you can disable the VSC as well as the traction control. Turning off the traction control in the safety menu does nothing to prevent the VSC actuator jamming on the front brakes when trying to do any sort of carpark donut...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post