Battery only charging to 96% ?

All Honda E related discussions
Bigrickyc

Post by Bigrickyc »

Hi All, had my E for 2.5 years done around 8000 miles - vast majority of charging done just on 3 pin at home with very occasional fast charges when out on a long journey - last couple of months it will only charge to 96% any one else seen this issue or has any ideas?

The charging limits are set to 100% home and away at the moment - most of the time however have been charging to 90/95% with 100% used when needed.

I have recently had a flat 12v battery which needed charging also just for reference.

Any help appreciated cheers Rick

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

To clarify for us, what is the max SoC it reaches on each of these methods?
Slow
Fast
Rapid
I suggest taking it out to a fast and a rapid to check as you have slow at home.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:33 pm To clarify for us, what is the max SoC it reaches on each of these methods?
Slow
Fast
Rapid
I suggest taking it out to a fast and a rapid to check as you have slow at home.
Would be interested to hear this too.

I think it also depends on what brand/charge rating and supplier you're using a rapid charger from, so bear that in mind. Here in Iceland I've seen some rapid chargers and type 2 chargers that will take my car all the way to 100%, and others shut off at around 95-97%.

I don't have any experience with the regular granny charger as mine's just been hiding under my boot floor since I got the car delivered as I don't use it. Seems strange that it would start cutting off a little short if it's previously charged to 100%. Do you ever get any fault light on it?

I'd try a few different charging options if I were you, see if there's a difference you're experiencing with different hardware.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I would try to go as low as possible to 2% or so, at least once and try to full charge after that. The percentage acts very strange sometimes. Once I switched it off with 18%. Switched it on 10 minutes later to find it 15%.
I think the percentage is a calculation of voltage that can vary for some reason. Many times it happened that when I park and stay in the car the percentage goes up by 1% after 5 minutes or so without charging.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post