Android Auto and HDMI together Ottocast Picasou2

All Honda E related discussions
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

I have owned the Honda E for approximately a year and a half. During that time, I have been striving to enhance the functionality of the car's screen, aiming to transform it into a more capable computer compared to the default system, which I find to be lacking in usefulness.

I recently acquired an Android auto device that transforms my car into a fully functional computer. Works perfect. This device is excellent and the limitation of watching videos while driving will also be canceled.

https://www.ottocast.com/en-jp/collect ... lay-ai-box

Regrettably, the feature that was expected to work with the Ottocast does not function as intended in the Honda E.

Ottocast enables separate movie casting to an HDMI connection alongside the Android screen.
I was thinking, in a Honda E, this allows for simultaneous use of Android functions like Google Maps on one screen while streaming movies via HDMI on another.

However, when attempting to cast HDMI movies on one screen while having Android Auto or CarPlay on the other screen, I encountered an issue. Whenever I tried to play a movie or music on the main screen, both screens would automatically switch back to Android Auto, interrupting the HDMI casting.

It seems that the dominance of Android Auto screens on both displays is an inherent issue with the Honda E rather than the Ottocast device. Unfortunately, this limitation prevents the desired setup of having one screen dedicated to Android Auto while the other displays HDMI content. It appears to be a restriction specific to the Honda E's configuration.

Any idea?

I know I can watch movies ( via HDMI) while using Google Maps with Android Auto on one phone by using Chrome Cast, but kind of annoying to use these two devices. I want to eliminate one device.

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I did not understand clearly what you would like to do. If you just want to play movies while driving on the HDMI and Android Auto at the same time you can do it easily. Buy a Chromecast or other similar Android box, and uinlock the HDMI from the diagnostic menu. Here is how you can do it
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

Reuben80
Thank you for your reply but this this YouTube video has nothing to do with my question. Sorry for confusion. It's hard to explain. Basically I would like to one screen for Android Auto (e.g Google Map) and other screen for HDMI playing movie at same time by using just one PICASOU 2. PICASOU 2 supposed to be able to cast second screen but Honda E system forcefully bring both two screens back to Android auto. I took video. Please check out.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjD5wSbe7TantukRqlL4Jylfn-OHKA
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

As you’ve discovered, the Honda e only has a single HDMI input, i.e. one display.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:05 pm As you’ve discovered, the Honda e only has a single HDMI input, i.e. one display.
I hope someone develops a multi-screen for Android. Multi-screen for Android may already exist but not sure.
Because Picasou2 works as pretty much a regular Android computer.
That's the only hope I have. Honda is not going to fix this issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post