Honda e insight - Android App with ABRP integration

All Honda E related discussions
happyV

Post by happyV »

The moment one has root access means that nothing is protected anymore.
I would like to get BOT.

There sources are located here: https://github.com/DanielH1987/HONDAeInsight

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

happyV wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:29 pm The moment one has root access means that nothing is protected anymore.
I would like to get BOT.

I've had to get a firmware reset once as the system wouldn't even boot and i did nothing to it. It just became unresponsive screens went black and froze... :D
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

happyV wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:29 pm The moment one has root access means that nothing is protected anymore.
I would like to get BOT.

At least I should be able to get this working as I currently have a vLinker MC (I used to own a OBDlink MX Bluetooth).
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Phate

Post by Phate »

Hi Daniel.

Ich würde die App gerne testen, konnte bei GitHub aber nur die source finden.
Wäre es dir möglich eine apk zu erstellen?

Danke
Gruß,
Christian
nograin

Post by nograin »

darf mich gleich anhängen.. leider kann man hier keine PM senden wenn man nicht "genug" (/undefined) gepostet hat - bitte schick du mir mal eine. hatte schon vor längerem über github versucht dich zu kontaktieren, aber hat scheinbar nicht funktioniert.
cheers, markus.
happyV

Post by happyV »

Hallo,

Testing has been completed. You can just compile the apk with Android Studio yourself. Sources are available. Sending Data to ABRP is no longer available at this point.

Regards
Daniel
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the app and thread. For countries where Honda provides limited support, it might be something interesting to look into especially the integration with ABRP.

I'm planning to compile and test the apk, however, before doing it, I would like to understand what's behind your statement above:
"Sending Data to ABRP is no longer available at this point." ?

Is this something you have disable in your application ( and could be potentially changed in the source code ) or
is this something NOT allowed anymore by the ABRP API ?

Thanks,
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
happyV

Post by happyV »

Hi,

I only had a developer key for the API. And I wasn sure if I was allowed to make that public. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed. So if you want to compile the app yourself you have to request a key/token from ABRP.

Regards
Daniel

P.S.: I'm currently planning on building a TCU myself and an integration with home assistant to get a better connection with my car that respects my privacy and data security.
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Hi,

I have an ABRP Premium account and API KEY provided by them for my Honda.
I assume I should create a new hondae_insight.IternioApiKeyStore.ITERNIO_API_KEY class and inject my key there, right ?

On the other hand, if possible to provide a ready apk (privately), I would appreciate. You can remove the key, I will use mine.
This will speed up a lot my testing here.

Thanks,
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
happyV

Post by happyV »

Hi,

additionally to the Key the App creates for your car you need another one for being able to connect to ABRP API itself.

Regards
Daniel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post