Rear seat warning

All Honda E related discussions
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I hardly ever have anyone in the back seat, but the grandkids are now big enough to travel in the back sometimes. Dropping them off, then going home and switching off I keep getting the check back seat orange warning in the dash after switch off. At first I thought there was a sensor problem for the dealer (since nothing to be seen on the seats and clicked firmly in place) but the manual seems to say it will come on always after anyone has closed the back doors to make sure they are closed? Surely the door sensors take care of that? Is this warnings gone mad or have I missed something?

MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Works as intended. To my understanding, it reminds you to check if you haven't forgot any items rather than didn't close a door.
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

I've never had that, and I have the rear seat reminder feature turned off under vehicle settings. Not sure if related, but might be worth checking if yours is enabled.
2022 e Advance
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Thanks, found it in vehicle settings where you said and turned it off. I woudn't mind if it sensed a weight and lit up, but just to light up in case you had something in the rear when there is nothing there makes you think there is fault.
Verone

Post by Verone »

MaXPainT wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:41 pm Works as intended. To my understanding, it reminds you to check if you haven't forgot any items rather than didn't close a door.
Yup, you're 100% right. This it doesn't relate to any form of sensor in the car.

Whether or not this shows every time you go to leave the car is down to whether it's switched on or off in the car's settings menu.

The car doesn't track activity with your rear doors/seatbelts/seats other than to let you know whether doors are closed and whether seatbelts are latched in .
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
keithr

Post by keithr »

It's quite simple really. If you open a rear door within the 10 minutes before you start a journey, then when you end your journey it will put up the reminder. It is simply a reminder that you may have put something in the back of the car, e.g. a laptop computer or notepad in the pocket on the back of the front seat. It's simply an aid to help you not forget something in the back of the car.

Rear Seat Reminder.jpg

Man-e

Post by Man-e »

its all because of the Americans and their forgotten Lasagna or more dangerously, their forgotten children on the back seat.

and now everybody has to have a system to warn of forgotten items on the rear seat.

https://www.just-auto.com/news/forgotte ... ?cf-closed

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post