Paint protection film (rear door edges)

All Honda E related discussions
peniole

Post by peniole »

Hi all. New Honda E owner here. Picked up a demonstrator from a Honda dealer. They've had it since 2022, not very well taken care of sadly. Waiting on ordered touch up to repair the usual scrapes to the bonnet from the wipers. Also, spent a couple of days taking out swirl marks and holograms from the crystal blue metallic paint. Incredibly poor washing technique at the dealer, but what's new.

While doing that I noticed that there's paint protection film only on one side of the car (Passenger side, rear door corner). The driver side is either missing, been removed, or it doesn't come with that protection film on that side? Could our forum members please let me know if it's present on both sides please. Thank you.
OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance

Verone

Post by Verone »

For sure it's missing, it should be on both sides, it is on mine :)

If it's a demonstrator, perhaps it's had damage to that door. If it's been repaired then it was probably removed to necessitate painting.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Distant

Post by Distant »

Welcome. I only just picked up a used once recently. Similar the car had a few things to sort but aside from that all good. Can confirm that the sticker / protector is present on both sides. Hopefully dealer sorts out foc etc..
peniole

Post by peniole »

Thank you both for confirming that they are on both sides.

The dealer confirmed on a recorded voice message and in writing that it hasn't been in an accident or been repainted. I suspect the person who removed the decals that were on the side of the car took it off by mistake.
OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post