Has demand for the e fallen?

All Honda E related discussions
Saucebox

Post by Saucebox »

'Interesting' to learn this morning via an email lrom one of the area dealers that Honda has dropped its previously astronomical £800.00 reservation fee to just £99.00... I've no way of knowing but I'd guess the move (not sure if it's a nationwide announcement or simply a local initiative) reflects a huge plunge in interest, doubtless fuelled by dire economic circumstances for whole swathes of folks in the difficult trading conditions that currently obtain, particularly in the automotive industry. I venture to suggest that it's not beyond possible that customers, never before in such a strong bargaining position, might even be realistically looking at 'demanding' substantial discounts...

... What say you in these matters?

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Good suggestion
I wonder how we approach getting a discount. Besides asking for one. And them saying “no”
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

I think demand for all cars has fallen. I am 4 months from the end of the PCP on my current car and considering handing it back early as I work from home now and we have a second car. I'll still be looking to get the e, but honestly I don't see me doing much driving at all for the rest of the year.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Bit of mixed news depending on what you read.

Luxury car makers have full order books, Bentley has an 8 month waiting list for example.

No news on mainstream orders yet. I can see it going two ways - massive demand as everyone gets back to normal, leases that have ended need renewing, long waiting lists as manufacturers have not produced a car for two months so no stock...

or

Subdued market, cautious buyers, manufacturers ramping up production but no buyers, discounts to be had...

I honestly can't see many open to discounts yet, maybe in a few months if things haven't picked up but I can see manufacturers and dealers wanting to miniminse losses and not offer massive discounts.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Saucebox wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:36 pm 'Interesting' to learn this morning via an email from one of the area dealers that Honda has dropped its previously astronomical £800.00 reservation fee to just £99.00...
The Honda e Reservation web page https://reserve.honda.co.uk/reservation still says it's an £800 fee.

For those of us who have placed an order already, I guess that we're committed to buying at the price we agreed. According to the contract that I signed with my local dealer, the price I will have to pay is only likey to be reduced if Honda reduce the recommended selling price.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Probably had loads of cancellations already. People losing jobs, uncertain about the future.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I raised a new car request for a blue Honda e Advance via CarWow. Two offers back so far and they are the recommended price, 0% discount.
On the one hand, I’m not surprised as this is a new car, and first electric car from Honda in a long time
On the other, given the state of the market, I’d wondered about some OEM stimulus funding to get some new cars on the road.
Will keep you posted on offers
Rei

Post by Rei »

Thanks Joolsdc. I'm also hoping that some offers come down because my old car lost at least £2000 in value and my brexit bonus will be a hefty pay cut. Assuming I even have a job at the end of this.

They can't give them away but there needs to be something or I might just have to cancel and buy a used Leaf. Well, even a new Leaf 40 is only about £22k. You can get the 60 for around £30k as well, maybe less when dealers open up again. I have to admit the thought of a 60 with all that range for about the same money as the Honda is tempting.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Five offers via Carwow
All 0% discount
Hey ho

I’m lucky having sold my Mini JCW for £2k profit prior to lockdown
keithr

Post by keithr »

Rei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 pm Probably had loads of cancellations already. People losing jobs, uncertain about the future.
Can you cancel your order, I wonder, if most dealers are closed?