Two lazy question

All Honda E related discussions
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Always come back here since I know somebody already know the answer/suggestion!

1. With head light set 'Auto' (which I do all the time), in dark places it changes to high beam by itself - if I turn off high beam (by pulling the stick, since I can see some car approaching from the other side of curb etc) 'Auto' mode also turned off and just normal headlights remains. Is there any way to set like 'Auto but no High beam'?? Hope I'm making sense here :oops:

2. The answer is 'Do not leave it' I know - however... Say I leave charger connected and left it overnight (too cold/wet or just forgotten), in the next morning if the car frozen I sometimes cannot pull the connector. In hurry, is there anything you would do? Defrost spray, hot water (I guess not), or put pre climate control on and wait?? I did try pre climate control but charger connector part didn't warm up quickly enough. Just in case, as future reference.

TIA as ususal :D
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

You can disable auto high beam.

It is listed in the manual , I think with the car on and headlights on, you press and hold the high beam flash (towards you) for 30 seconds. This disables the auto high beam (I have it disabled, there are many scenarios it doesn't work properly). The civic has a very similar procedure (if not the same).

If the charger is frozen into the socket there isn't much you can do. One thing you could do is use the car preheat - but also have the charger set to charging. By drawing a little power through the connector it might heat up a little bit. That will work better than just preheating from battery if like me you have your charger set to 12:30 -> 4:30 for off peak cost.

There is an official charge port cover accessory which would keep snow/ice/moisture off.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
happyV

Post by happyV »

The connectors are designed to be used outdoors. You can use defrosting spray or better "pure" alcohol of you are afraid of water being in contact with electricity.
As a matter of fact: you can charge in the rain...
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

A proper human being would spend 5 minutes with the manual and then 30 seconds disabling the high beams, while I am turning it off each time I get into the car every winter for two years now. Thank you for the tip :D
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Thank you Thank you Thank you all! :D

I will set the Auto high beam off once and all, tomorrow morning before setting off at 6:30am.

I actually have the Charge port cover in the boots... too lazy to put it on... :oops: I shall try to charge & preheat next time if I ever let it happen again (trying not to to start with).

All I need is bright early morning/night & warm temperture - I guess I'm asking too much in the UK on 1st Dec. :roll:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post