Call from my dealer

All Honda E related discussions
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Had a call from the dealer earlier to let me know that they were working on reopening and that if everything goes well they expect to be able to have the car ready sometime between the middle of June and early July.

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Lucky you!
Honda Germany told me: July/August...
Ordered in late September.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I emailed my Worcester dealer who responded saying hopefully 2nd July.
So similar time scale to yours.
Not sure it was a commitment mind you.
But nice your dealership contacted you rather than me having to do it šŸ˜€
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Yes, nice to have a proactive dealer!

We were originally told (after I enquired with the dealer a few months ago) that our delivery date was 17th June. I daren't ask them what it might be now.

Of course the delivery information when I log in to the "my account" section of the Honda website that was supposed to keep us up to date at every step of the process (part of the deal for us paying to Ā£800 early on!) has remained unchanged since we placed our order: "The status of your Honda e delivery will be shown here closer to the time."
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Today I got the information that the status of order order changed.
After logging into "my account" indeed there was a change:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-20 um 15.55.50.png

Haha: so my new delivery status is "pending" ("steht aus")...

In the near future we will get to know whether our cars are
1. in transit
2. arrived in Europe
3. arrived at your Honda e dealer
or
4. were picked up.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Well this is a disaster. So they want us to take the cars at a time when half of us are still working from home not driving, lockdown is still in effect and used prices are through the floor?

It's going to be very hard to accept unless there are some hefty discounts.

In fact it's going to be very hard to have a test drive because the test drive car will need disinfecting and obviously the dealer can't sit in it with you because of social distancing.

What about charge points too, are installers available? I bet a lot of them are still on furlough.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Test drives will probably be run a similar fashion to this:

I don't think it's illegal for the charge point installers to work as long as they use PPE, and they can be brought back out of furlough with very little notice.

I admit though the price you get for used cars is going to be a problem, but people still need cars right?
Rei

Post by Rei »

The other big issue is that a lot of people lost money lately, 80% wages or just lost their jobs. The future is looking uncertain, the UK is headed for a massive recession with C19 and then brexit hammering us... Very hard to know what to do now.

A lot of people will look at Ā£300/month finance for a car they barely use and wonder if it's worth it. Problem is if you cancel now when you be able to get another one? The Kona still has massive waiting lists, for example.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Boggs, I saw that German video on YouTube. They were just test driving. Not buying I believe. So I assume UK dealerships will offer something similar in the future.
Rei, I entirely appreciate your point. It is difficult for many. It will be interesting to see if there is some pent up demand or will dealers have to discount to get sales. Everything Iā€™ve read suggests the former - at least for the first few months. When that demand is sated, UK could go into recession and hence incentives could be forthcoming. Or not. It really is a difficult decision and call
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I received an email at 4pm from Honda UK saying ā€œnot long to waitā€. And oddly ā€œselect a dealerā€™. There was a not useful FAQ. The email suggested dealers would be open from 1st June.
Honda UK communication still not too hot. But then neither is VW where I have an ID3 deposit. Received an email from them yesterday to pick a colour and interior trim with postage stamp sized images that couldnā€™t be enlarged. Classic.
Anyone else receive the Honda email?