Call from my dealer

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

No email but I've already selected that stuff. Surely they can't custom order your colour and spec for delivery next month? They have to come from Japan which is in lockdown.

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Oh I’ve already ordered back in October. With dealer deposit placed and colour selected.
Checked my online account and no change there.
So the Communication didn’t add much
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 pm I received an email at 4pm from Honda UK saying “not long to wait”. And oddly “select a dealer’. There was a not useful FAQ. The email suggested dealers would be open from 1st June.
Honda UK communication still not too hot. But then neither is VW where I have an ID3 deposit. Received an email from them yesterday to pick a colour and interior trim with postage stamp sized images that couldn’t be enlarged. Classic.
Anyone else receive the Honda email?
Yes I got the same. It’s obviously been sent to everyone on their initial interest mailing list, irrespective of if you then when on to reserve or even order. The lack of any updates from Honda for those with orders placed is incredible. RAL’s the first to have got any status change on the “My Account” page I think.
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Yes I got the Honda email. My Audi is going back on Friday (early voluntary termination of the PCP) and if the Honda is available early July that will work out fine for me. I am in the lucky position of my job being unaffected by Covid-19 - other than giving me more to do - as fortunately I can work from home.

On the subject of charging installations, I spoke with Ohme this week who gave me the names of a couple of installers who operate in my are and I have since emailed them and they confirm they are still doing charger installations.
Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

Still waiting to hear from my dealer, last I heard was that the deliver date was 18 June.
Anyone heard anything about the e:progress charger from Honda?
Very interested in this.
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Nothing on the Honda Charger. I am interested with Ohme as it integrates with the Octopus Agile tariff which I am already on. Shame I don't have the car as the windy weather today means negative electricity prices last night and this afternoon.
Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

Home looks good value and is available now but is only 7KW whereas the e:progress is 22KW. Perhaps I am guilty of charging rate anxiety rather than range anxiety.😀
Rei

Post by Rei »

I think the Honda e can only take 7 kW anyway. For 22 kW you would need 3 phase and very few homes have that.
bogga

Post by bogga »

6.6 kw max from AC charging https://ev-database.uk/car/1233/Honda-e ... arge-table

Doesn't make any difference, it won't charge any faster over AC... DC is a different matter, up to 100kw over DC charging.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Does anyone know in which factory the e is made? I can't find it anywhere. If I can find out in which factory, I can also check if the factory is/was closed due to Covid19. I have already seen photos of a stock of e's in Ghent Belgium on Instagram and Twitter. Are your British Hondas also arriving in Ghent?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_VD_3qnKR3 ... hare_sheet
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only