Water drainage around charging port

All Honda E related discussions
MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

As I cleaned by car the other day I wondered where water drains around the charging door. Its not entirely clear to me that all water will be captured in the surrounding channels (and thus fall into the internals below) and even if it does drain into the channel, where it goes from there. Ive not spent a long time looking at it, but curious if anyone knows the answer. Thanks!

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I've never been worried about water ingress.

I'm pretty sure the glass lid presses onto the rubber seal, and the plastic bucket around catches any rain or wash water. It then just drains out the drain holes in the bucket.

I've never noticed undue water under the bonnet, just what splashes up from the road (dirty/muddy water, a little splashed around the 12v battery area).

The drain holes in the scuttle panel are a little small, and will block very easily however.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Verone

Post by Verone »

Given the weather over here, my e sometimes charges outside when it's raining or snowing.

The two drain holes in the image below are at the lowest point in the charge point's recess, and they drain out to the ground behind the front structure and slam panel of the car.

Even in torrential rain, or after 20-30 minutes of jet washing, I've neve seen any of the drain holes on the car get blocked up so far.

drainholes.png

Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

Thanks guys

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post