MyHonda+ App

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

@Reuben80: This is what our government say about roaming after 31.12.2020. "Call and data charges will not change before 31 December 2020. This is because a transition period will remain in place until that date. What happens once this period ends depends on the new arrangements agreed by the EU and the UK. After 31 December UK telecom operators can introduce roaming charges. Roaming is when handsets connect to foreign telecom networks. EU roaming legislation will cease to apply to the UK after 31 December 2020. At that point, telecom operators can decide whether to introduce roaming charges and, if so, how much to charge. That is, they can do so unless the UK and the EU make new agreements on this issue during the transition period." But...

At the FAQ's part of the My Honda+ App pages at the Dutch Honda site, you can read that internet in the car is offered by Vodafone. See: https://internetinthecar.vodafone.com/m ... 80czl62_21, and they say "Vodafone Internet in the Car provides Internet connectivity within the following countries: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey and Jersey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom. Vodafone 4G technology is available only in certain countries."
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

iHansz that is very interesting, thank you very much. So now I know that Honda will be using Vodafone. Great find.
But the problem still remains for the UK and it might mean that people in the UK won't be able to connect abroad from 2021. It is well worth asking this question to Honda UK and UK dealers and see their answer. If someone in the UK can please......
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I now see, the information is also on the UK website: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my- ... filter-3=5.
1st registered Oct 2020
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

iHansz wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:28 am I now see, the information is also on the UK website: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my- ... filter-3=5.
If you go on the FAQ of My Honda+ on the dutch website are the countries to this question the same as the UK one? Can you check please?
Where can I use My Honda+?
Category: usageandterm5
My Honda+ will be available in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

@Reuben80: Unfortunately that information is the same as on the UK site. WiFi is outside the +App and must be activated in the car and runs via Vodafone. (If you want it all, you have to do a lot for it...) I am afraid that Malta is not among the "normal" countries. I'm curious if that also applies to the new Jazz which also uses the +App. Hopefully someone from the UK can help you with this.

Honda.JPG

1st registered Oct 2020
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Thank you iHansz. Those countries might be only the countries where the app is officially available from dealers as countries that cars can be registered. I hope that going overseas will be different but I doubt it.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Another fun fact, Honda's Personal Assistant was developed by the same company as that of Mercedes' MBUX. It's called Houndify and belongs to SoundHound. See https://voices.soundhound.com/soundhoun ... a81941b4/ and https://www.houndify.com/.

Honda Personal Assistant.JPG

1st registered Oct 2020
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Yes, but unfortunately only in a very rudimentary implementation, as technical components of the car (air conditioning, etc. - see MBUX) obviously cannot be controlled. This little Honda guy only knows about pizzerias (with and without charging opportunities)...
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Well, it was only just born... And who knows, maybe through artificial intelligence it will learn that there is more than pizzerias only, curry houses e.g. ;)
1st registered Oct 2020
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Hmm. This piece of software appears to be rather limited in its functions and very slow...