Order update

All Honda E related discussions
bogga

Post by bogga »

I checked on my order today. The dealer said there would be a vehicle for test drives end of June. And if my car had been white it would be be ready in July, but since I chose blue... It'll be September...

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Oh dear! I’d ordered the blue one as well. September is a long time to wait.
I await my dealer contacting me. But they aren’t that pro-active. Used to selling Jazz to old biddies 🤪
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

bogga wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:57 pm I checked on my order today. The dealer said there would be a vehicle for test drives end of June. And if my car had been white it would be be ready in July, but since I chose blue... It'll be September...
I don't think the reason is the colour. Maybe they got a cancellation and was white.
bogga

Post by bogga »

The dealer went on to ordering system and said all the whites ones were in the first batch, then the black ones.. Then the blue ones.. He sounded convincing, but who knows.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Every time I am surprised to read how bad Honda communicates (in every country) with its customers. In 2003 I bought a new Renault, already then I could follow the entire production status of the car via a special website. I could also track exactly where the car was and in which state it was. Even could change the color a few weeks before production. I have ordered my new e at the local dealer and have not received any login details. The car will be delivered somewhere in August, it has been said. Can be an already ordered stock car? Just have to rely on the seller's blue eyes.

I think it is not the unwillingness of the dealers, but that they also do not have or receive any information and that it depend on the information from Japan through the importers. Hopefully there will be more clarity soon.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
8ajk

Post by 8ajk »

I placed my order the first day it opened up way back last summer. It’s a 10 week slip which isn’t great.
8ajk

Post by 8ajk »

Oh and it’s blue
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Quote from a UK dealer referencing Honda UK. 226 vehicles due

7637D164-180B-4D95-8C62-0C1DE75E6456.png

Amjgbr

Post by Amjgbr »

I placed the initial reservation about 30 seconds from when it opened in April last year. I then had that reservation converted to an order on the 12th September and was told it was the first order to be placed. I understand the pandemic has delayed things a bit but I find it mind boggling that I’ve had no updates from the dealer or from Honda. I had a delivery date of the 19th June prior to COVID and with 2 weeks till that date not a single person from Honda can give an update. It’s almost as if they are so proud of this new little car that customer satisfaction is the last thing in their mind. They think that doesn’t matter and because we are first in line we’re going to buy it anyway. It’s one of the most frustrating car purchases I’ve ever been through. How hard is it to track a car? Fair enough it’s a new car but has every Honda owner gone through this waiting game? This is my first Honda purchase.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Amjgbr I entirely agree. Moving to EVs, dealerships will have to find new ways to attract paying customers to their sites as there is a lot less maintenance required. Honda do not seem to be starting to build that new, tight relationship.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post