Order update

All Honda E related discussions
Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

I share your frustration, I too have not heard anything, I too had a June 19 arrival date. Think it is Honda themselves. I’ve had British Leyland, Fiats in the past. When I got my first Civic about 12years ago thought I would stay with them. Superb quality and excellent dealer customer service. When I was going to downscale to a Jazz 3 years ago I looked at a Micra (new style) as well. Torn between the two but was told would have to wait for 3 months for the Jazz so bought the Micra. Very nice car but not Honda quality. Also customer service not of the same standard. So when the Honda E prototype was shown I knew that I wanted to buy it when it became available. Confirmed my order was October and was very pleased with the healer, they kept in touch until lockdown but I have heard nothing since the opened again. Will give them until next Friday, anticipating July at earliest more likely August.

kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

I had a most frustrating on-line chat with Honda via their website and came away after 15 minutes of stop-start conversation convinced they didn't know anything nor were they unable to provide ANY substantive information other than they imparted that the dealer would possibly know before them! Since, the dealer won't provide email responses perhaps I should now consider a Tesla?
Rei

Post by Rei »

I'm hoping it's because they are frantically trying to figure out how to make the cars more attractive so they don't get masses of cancellations now they are all here.
8ajk

Post by 8ajk »

Maybe Honda UK should read this forum. That way they would understand the frustration.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Some rumours that the government might introduce a new scrappage scheme for EVs next month. The figure of £6,000 was mentioned.

If so hopefully we can take advantage of it if we have a suitable car. It might be enough to make me go ahead with the purchase, I'll never get that much for my old car and the discount would cover quite a few months PCP payments.
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Have just logged in to my order and it also says "The status of your Honda E delivery will be shown here closer to the time." I ordered mine at the start of Feb. Up here, Scotland, the dealers are all still closed so no luck there.
Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

We had a call from our dealership saying that they hoped to have a demo car for us to test drive before the end of the month. Will be waiting to buy until after 6th July though as the rumours are that Johnson will announce the scrap page scheme in that date.
Rei

Post by Rei »

I'll be waiting too, potential scrappage scheme is too good to pass up.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Best not hold our collective breaths for the scrappage scheme - the latest I’ve read suggests it will not come to pass
Rei

Post by Rei »

Maybe Honda should do their own. At the moment I'm ready to cancel and just waiting to see if things improve.

The UK is headed for a massive, long recension. Now is not the time to be buying a new car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post