Order update

All Honda E related discussions
eread

Post by eread »

Joolsdc wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:38 pm Best not hold our collective breaths for the scrappage scheme - the latest I’ve read suggests it will not come to pass
I can see it now :lol:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T GET £6000 FOR MY 2005 FOCUS WITH 180K MILES ON?! THE UK GOVERNMENT SAID SO, WAAA I WANT MY ELECTRIC CAR WAAA, I WANT A TESLA

Rei

Post by Rei »

No need to be so childish. COVID-19 has hurt a lot of people financially, a lot of jobs are already gone and more will be going soon because of brexit.

The government and manufacturers need to do something to attract buyers or they aren't going to get any sales. That's just the reality now.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Rei I’m not sure it’s childish. I think it was meant as a joke. But then I like to be positive and upbeat - I joke at funerals
We all recognise it’s been tough for everyone.
But I was just reporting the latest info from Auto Express
If the “Government” gives an incentive, it’s all of us that will have to pay through higher taxes
They are already contributing £3k or £3.5k towards the EV
Perhaps the incentives would be better invested in charge infrastructure?
Just my view. No offence intended or implied
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

So I rang the dealership today as I need to have some clarity in order to consider my financing options. However, the guy I have been dealing with was not in, but I did get an apology that no one had been in touch given that they had been reopen 2 weeks. They are still saying things are on hold as a result of the ransomeware attack but they hope to be able to provide more information early next week.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Chased my dealer today again after they failed to ring me back yesterday (the day, I was told two weeks ago, that they would be getting their demonstrator). Won’t have one for at least another ten days. Will let me know when they’re at the port.

What about the one’s that have already been spotted in the UK? Where are they?
bogga

Post by bogga »

My tester day moved from last week in June to first week in July.. So it's all matching up, it's not just your dealer.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I called my dealer today. Not much of an update. Demo might be next week. But no commitment
So I call Honda UK to be told, there is a dedicated Honda e line. Excellent thought I.
So I called the e support....after giving them my order number......no further information!!!
Hopeless
Especially as I’ve seen tweets of Honda e in UK dealers.
So I emailed. To receive an email back thanking me for contacting the e support team and hoping they’d answered my questions and referencing the FAQ.
So I emailed back with a complaining email pointing out they’d had £800 of my money since May 19. And I knew something about automotive car plant planning and why couldn’t they track my order as it was a build for a specific customer. And why wasn’t the customer order system linked to the production system?
Taking into account Covid and the cyber attack, the service is hopeless.
Amjgbr

Post by Amjgbr »

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. Apparently my car is due for delivery on the 3rd July. Mine will be arriving before they even get a demonstrator vehicle. The Honda hack has delayed their systems considerably. I was also told that it may also depend on if the delivery drivers are available to bring the cars from the South. Will update as soon as i know anymore.

I ordered September 12th last year prior to any options being available. In March this year i saw the options on the site and changed the order for the part leather pack and lighting pack which mentioned that it would add a couple of days to the order. This was just a conversation over the phone with the dealer who were communicating with the orders team, so will be interesting to see if it's actually been added when the car arrives given the fact that the online account hasn't changed since they launched it.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Those might be dealer fit options, especially the lighting pack.

So what happens if the car arrives before the demonstrator? Presumably they don't want to put miles on "your" car in case you reject it and they need to find a new buyer who will be expecting delivery mileage or a discount.

I really want to take this car but unless they can make a really good offer I'm going to have to cancel :-(
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

It seems there are demonstration vehicles all over Europe no going off the Youtube vids but none here. I thought we would have been a priority market as we also drive on the left but then I read that the E will not be sold in Japan,hence the emphasis on left hand drive cars.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post