Order update

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

milligoon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:24 pm Have you had any claims in the last 5 years?

Neither of them my fault but still hits you even with protected NCD, it doesn't help with my work location either.
From personal experience once you're over 45, car insurance is relatively cheap and stays that way for quite a few years, even with claims irrespective of fault, how do I know ;) One of the biggest factors in the premium is where you live other than age.

I've found multicar policies a con because they are difficult to compare when the various policies initially start on different dates, then after the first year they've tied you into one renewal date for all of your cars and then hike the price. I've always without fail found it cheaper to use comparison sites and to buy individual policies. Currently we have 4 cars & 2 motorbikes in the household, maybe those with only 2 cars can save money, but it'd be very surprised if this was the case over the long-term.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Isow wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am The Euphrates Highway docked at Portbury docks Bristol on Monday 7th September.
It was there 12 hours and all the Honda e cars for September delivery would have been on that car carrier.
Looks like it’s in Zeebrugge now. Hopefully that means that the LHD cars for the rest of Europe are being unloaded.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Sousaphone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm
Isow wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am The Euphrates Highway docked at Portbury docks Bristol on Monday 7th September.
It was there 12 hours and all the Honda e cars for September delivery would have been on that car carrier.
Looks like it’s in Zeebrugge now. Hopefully that means that the LHD cars for the rest of Europe are being unloaded.
:o

How often would such a ship moor? Once a month?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

iHansz wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:13 pm
Sousaphone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm
:o

How often would such a ship moor? Once a month?
Well.

It left Nagoya on August 6th, went through the Suez Canal on the 29th, stopped over in Livorno on the 1st of September, and now it’s in Zeebrugge. If that’s the last stop I’d expect a few days for maintenance and then a four to five week return journey. If it sticks to JP-EU trips that probably means we’ll see it again in early December.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Thx! But do not think that only this ship sails for Honda, but if so, then my e will also be on this ship! #yeah
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

The “Carnation Ace” also sails for Honda and it’s now almost in Nakanoseki and was coming from Nagoya. Maybe this is the next load of e’s? #exciting :?
1st registered Oct 2020
Isow

Post by Isow »

It takes a cargo ship 38-42 days to sail from Japan to UK.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

In my case the time of delivery has flexed over a 3 week period, how they can say it is 3 days away from delivery at one point to then a week later and go to its original expected date 2 ½ weeks later is confusing, I was getting things in place then it was brought forward, so you chase around (things like getting wall charger etc) then it's all for nought.

In my case it would have been much leaving me with the original date and I wouldn't have got excited and I'd be none the wiser until that date.

Which it is now back at.

I am now breathing calmly ;) and whatever happens happens, and maybe get back to normal? Rather than like a kid before Xmas!

Maybe you guys can get all the bugs/quirks ironed out before I get mine?
Ex e owner
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

The Euphrates Highway Is headed for Malmö now, and should arrive on the 13th. With any luck that means I’ll get a more specific delivery date some time before the end of the month.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Sousaphone wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:56 am The Euphrates Highway Is headed for Malmö now, and should arrive on the 13th. With any luck that means I’ll get a more specific delivery date some time before the end of the month.
I’ve been promised a delivery date of the 29th now, received VIN and everything. Could be ours are in the same incoming batch :).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post