Order update

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Sousaphone wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:35 pm The Euphrates Highway, 5 NM north of Hornbæk in Denmark. Looks like it will reach Malmö tonight.
Oh my. :o
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Isow

Post by Isow »

Pennyg66 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:51 pmSurrey
I live in South Manchester.
I will know tomorrow if my car will be delivered this week or whether it is
delayed.
Pennyg66

Post by Pennyg66 »

I have never had this problem getting a new car
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Pennyg66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm I have never had this problem getting a new car
Did you ever buy a car before in the middle of a Global Pandemic? ;)

How long have you been waiting since placing your order and when were you initially informed of the delivery date?

They are Made in Japan yet they are not even on sale yet until October.
Ex e owner
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

Pennyg66 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 pm Anyone else had or having this problem?

As miligoon says, the current crisis hasn't helped matters, but it still seems odd to me that Honda UK seem to be giving dealerships a specific DAD, which the dealer then relates to the customer in good faith, only for the date to come and go with no car delivered - and then a new date appears on the system. It's all very frustrating.

My car was originally due to arrive sometime in June, but I realised early on that this wasn't going to happen. When the first demonstrators started arriving st UK dealers, I was told to expect delivery of my car in August. Fair enough. But as I've mentioned previously in this thread, I was then given a succession of dates on which my car was due to arrive, until I finally asked them to just give me a car that they had on the forecourt in the spec that I had ordered. Otherwise, I think I'd still be waiting...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

dVb9 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:37 pm
Pennyg66 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 pm Anyone else had or having this problem?

As miligoon says, the current crisis hasn't helped matters, but it still seems odd to me that Honda UK seem to be giving dealerships a specific DAD, which the dealer then relates to the customer in good faith, only for the date to come and go with no car delivered - and then a new date appears on the system. It's all very frustrating.

My car was originally due to arrive sometime in June, but I realised early on that this wasn't going to happen. When the first demonstrators started arriving st UK dealers, I was told to expect delivery of my car in August. Fair enough. But as I've mentioned previously in this thread, I was then given a succession of dates on which my car was due to arrive, until I finally asked them to just give me a car that they had on the forecourt in the spec that I had ordered. Otherwise, I think I'd still be waiting...
Either the dealer is incompetent (very likely from experience) or they are of the VW dealer mentality and make it as difficult for a customer as possible to buy a BEV (also very likely from experience).

Why should you have to ask for a car that they already had which was the same spec as your order :roll:
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Pennyg66

Post by Pennyg66 »

No I haven't bought a car in s pandemic. I have my reg and vin but no car and no one can tell me where it is which is strange.
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Pennyg66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:10 pm No I haven't bought a car in s pandemic. I have my reg and vin but no car and no one can tell me where it is which is strange.
You're doing better than me - signed the papers in June, and they still have no clue when they can have reg or even vin ready. The latter bit makes me wonder how the Honda logistics work...
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Sousaphone wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Pennyg66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:10 pm No I haven't bought a car in s pandemic. I have my reg and vin but no car and no one can tell me where it is which is strange.
You're doing better than me - signed the papers in June, and they still have no clue when they can have reg or even vin ready. The latter bit makes me wonder how the Honda logistics work...
I signed mid June too. I didn't get any information before I started contacting Honda Denmark themselves, which were surprisingly helpful once I managed to poke a hole through. I used their form on honda.dk.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

A small step closer.

I now have a VIN :P
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post