Order update

All Honda E related discussions
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Mine in Startin Worcester
Car has arrived today, so I guess PDI’ed today, tests from tomorrow.....but my salesman on holiday today 🤔
Anyhooo he’s promised to call me tomorrow to book a test

Let’s share our discount / what’s included discussion here.
I’m keen for free services for 3 years, free first MoT, free home charger. These are provided by Vauxhall for the Corsa e
I’m also keen to get three years of the services e.g. remote access via phone, the Hello Honda app and 4G connection

I don’t think these will cost Honda too much. So let’s see
Also what about free charging at public chargers - like VW ID3 First and Mini E

Rei

Post by Rei »

It sounds like they are delivering demo cars first to see if people cancel. No point sending cars to dealers if half of them will go back I suppose.

Bad for us though, no leverage for discounts.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Rei wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 pm It sounds like they are delivering demo cars first to see if people cancel. No point sending cars to dealers if half of them will go back I suppose.

Bad for us though, no leverage for discounts.
Just like every other car manufacturer does with a new car launch, irrespective of its power source.

As for discounts, no new to the market EV is discounted from its list price (even a new to market ICE is unlikely to be discounted), not even the MG ZS EV. I suspect that you will be hard pushed to get anything in the first 3 months after launch. It's taken 9mths to even get a free type 2 cable with the MG and some dealers don't even do that.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Rei

Post by Rei »

I'm just trying to find an excuse not to cancel but I don't think there is one.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I rang our dealer AGAIN this morning. He's not rang us a single time since I first contacted them back in September. It's always us doing the chasing.

Anyway, he claims they now have our car, but it hasn't been registered yet, and so won't be ready for a few days, how about we come and see him next Saturday. ?????

I asked if they had a demo car available. No apparently. Won't be "up and running" for demos for at least a couple of weeks.

It seems quite clear that he really doesn't want to discuss anything over the phone (probably a typical car salesman move). He's repeatedly ignored our requests for an estimate for our current vehicle trade in. I honestly think that if we rock up next Saturday morning and say we're no longer interested, he'll just shrug his shoulders and not care at all.
Rei

Post by Rei »

I don't think they are going to make any effort to sell these, no discounts for trade in offers, take it or leave it.
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

If your dealer is telling you it will take a few days to register the car he obviously doesn't need your custom or anybody's for that matter. Best find one who does?
londiniumperson

rickwookie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 am I rang our dealer AGAIN this morning. He's not rang us a single time since I first contacted them back in September. It's always us doing the chasing.

Anyway, he claims they now have our car, but it hasn't been registered yet, and so won't be ready for a few days, how about we come and see him next Saturday. ?????

I asked if they had a demo car available. No apparently. Won't be "up and running" for demos for at least a couple of weeks.

It seems quite clear that he really doesn't want to discuss anything over the phone (probably a typical car salesman move). He's repeatedly ignored our requests for an estimate for our current vehicle trade in. I honestly think that if we rock up next Saturday morning and say we're no longer interested, he'll just shrug his shoulders and not care at all.
I experienced exactly the same with MG when I was one of the very first (it turned out that I was 22nd in the UK) to put an online deposit down on the ZS EV.
I had to do all of chasing, they had a demo for about a week before I found out via social media and it was only once my actual ordered car arrived at the dealership that they then started their high pressure selling tactics, phoning me every day until I went in person to see them.
Once there, I was only allowed a 20 min test drive and when I arrived back they had the final paperwork ready for me to sign, they expected no negotiation.
They didn't have a clue about EVs in general and had a very basic knowledge of the ZS EV itself.
After half an hour I left without a new car, they were not willing to include anything to sweeten the deal even a smidgen, no chance of any of mats, mudflaps, type 2 cable.
Even though the car itself was by no means perfect, but the list price was tempting, however the salesmen's attitude lost them a potential sale.
It was plainly obvious that they didn't like EVs and wanted the customers that had placed orders online to just go away asap.

A few months earlier I had also tried to take up VW's UK advertised offer of a 48hr test drive of the e Golf, however the dealerships that I contacted declined my requests and eventually they only offered a 15 min test drive.

Until car manufacturers incentivise EV sales over ICE cars nothing will change. Dealerships are franchised and there to make money for their owners, which I fully understand. As the salesmen's salary is a direct correlation to the number of car sales they close, then it's a easier job for them to sell ICE cars which are cheaper and therefore more affordable with many buyers looking for the lowest monthly payment. Also the dealers are seeing EVs as the death of their servicing gravy train, so more lost income in their eyes.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Is so depressing reading your experience there with MG, as it sounds all too familiar. Just found this on Instagram, posted Thursday I think.

That’s our local dealership. It’s just embarrassing. Like he can’t move on to talk about the hybrids quick enough. The dealer told us in September when we ordered and asked when the demonstrators might arrive that we’d “be the first to know”. Ha, yeah right. That they had the e on Thursday but didn’t bother to contact us at all to invite us to have a look really boils my piss.
Not looking forward to Saturday. It really does feel that there could be dealers out there looking to obstruct sales, perhaps in a sad attempt to slow the adoption of EVs. “Oh dear, no one seems to want to buy these cars. They’re just not popular”
londiniumperson

rickwookie wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:36 pm Is so depressing reading your experience there with MG, as it sounds all too familiar. Just found this on Instagram, posted Thursday I think.

That’s our local dealership. It’s just embarrassing. Like he can’t move on to talk about the hybrids quick enough. The dealer told us in September when we ordered and asked when the demonstrators might arrive that we’d “be the first to know”. Ha, yeah right. That they had the e on Thursday but didn’t bother to contact us at all to invite us to have a look really boils my piss.
Not looking forward to Saturday. It really does feel that there could be dealers out there looking to obstruct sales, perhaps in a sad attempt to slow the adoption of EVs. “Oh dear, no one seems to want to buy these cars. They’re just not popular”
That's exactly the same as my experience with Honda this last week, I'd heard that another dealer had received their demo, so on Thursday afternoon I phoned the one that I had placed my order with, quelle surprise it had just turned up a few minutes ago and will need to be checked over prior to arranging test drives. Even then I had to push for a Friday morning test drive, as none was initially forth coming, even when I told them that I pass within half a mile every day on my way to & from work so can easily fit in a test drive any morning or afternoon.
Most gauling is that we all know there have been be very few firm orders placed and it's quite likely that I'm their only customer that's actually ordered one, how hard would have been to make that call?
Weirdly just after my test drive another salesman told me that they had someone come in earlier and was considering buying not only a Honda e as but also a Hybrid Jazz, yet they still consider the pure EV buyers as a thorn in side with Honda UK forcing them to have a demo car.

Not long after the MG ZS EV demo cars were delivered to dealers, some sold theirs because they didn't want to sell any to customers, most dealers told buyers, have a 20 min test drive & take the car at list price or go away, a very few allowed extended test drives of a couple of days and then also provided a free type 2 cable. It's a shame that my local dealer was in the middle group and MG UK would not allow anyone to transfer their reservation to another dealer.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post