Order update

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

I can understand if some dealers are a bit reluctant to embrace Honda's first all electric car, because the current sales of BEVs is still only a small fraction of all car sales, and Honda only have the one model at the moment, and the dealer also has to make an investment to support BEVs in terms of training and chargers (and possibly different tools and equipment, computer software, etc.?). My local dealer has just had 4 level 2 chargers installed (2 units with 2 charge points per unit), and the salesman said that British Gas, who are Honda's preferred/recommended supplier, wanted to charge the dealer £22,000 for those chargers! :o Naturally they declined and bought the chargers elsewhere for a lower cost (he didn't say how much, but I would imagine it was considerably less). Add in the thought that there may be less income from servicing BEVs then I can understand why they think ICE cars are a better business for them at the moment.

The number of BEVs is slowly increasing though. I was the first in my road (of maybe 60 houses) to buy one (4 years ago). Then last year another household bought a mk1 Nissan LEAF, and just recently a new Peugeot e208 GT has appeared about 6 houses away from my house.

Amjgbr

Post by Amjgbr »

Hello again, I've now had an update from my dealer. The received the demo car this morning on a transporter. I had a call up at lunch asking if i would like to come down and see it. The team at Honda in Harrogate are pretty excited about it and i'm finding that as soon as they have information it's getting relayed to me instantly. It hadn't yet had its arrival checks completed so i wasn't able to drive it but it was nice to actually sit in it and play around with the controls etc. Tomorrow i'm going for the first drive. I've resigned myself to the wait, and honestly it's not bothering me too much anymore. They cars are nearly here and i'd rather it be delivered in good shape rather than have to keep coming back for recalls.

Honda have mentioned that it appears all cars are due a software update before they are released and that isn't due until August but fingers crossed it may be sooner.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Amj I agree with all your comments. My local Worcester dealer seems to be getting excited. They have had 3 22kW chargers installed. They seem keen to learn. I’ve explained elsewhere that this is a halo model, not part of their targets & they make lower margin. But that they wanted to sell them (Dealer Principal said).
I’d like a second test this week with my family
Else I also agree with your comment - not in a rush to get the car. I’m not going anywhere!
Rei

Post by Rei »

Why install 22kW chargers when the car can only support 6.6kW? Three phase chargers are a lot more expensive.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Future proofing. If you’ve got 3 phase why not? I put in a 7kW home charger, but my current PHEV can only take 3.5kW. The cost difference in the Zappi box was about £100
As27@talktalk.net

Post by As27@talktalk.net »

Not posted before ,just popped in to say my local dealer in Suffolk had the demonstrator delivered last Friday and invited me straight down, although he said they couldn't put it on the raid yet until some "government paperwork" has been completed. Not sure what that means , I Se it's still not on the OLEV website grant list either, so I'm still waiting to have a wall charger fitted. Never the less he said they still can't track my order although it looks like he has a grey coming this month, still perplexed that my firm order placed last September seems not to be attached to any specific order. Just seen a nice handover video here which looks really good.....They say it's all the better for waiting...I hope so must be getting near now. Watch this space.Great Forum...Andrew
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome Andrew

I entirely agree with you. Why not link our orders directly to the build line? According to my Dealer Principal, Honda batch build cars - so blue Advanced, followed by white standard. And they offer less customisations compared to the European Manufacturers. Thus they don’t assign a car. I was surprised. Perhaps he was stringing me along.

Just noticed Honda UK have started promoting the e on Twitter
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Joolsdc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:00 am Welcome Andrew

I entirely agree with you. Why not link our orders directly to the build line? According to my Dealer Principal, Honda batch build cars - so blue Advanced, followed by white standard. And they offer less customisations compared to the European Manufacturers. Thus they don’t assign a car. I was surprised. Perhaps he was stringing me along.

Just noticed Honda UK have started promoting the e on Twitter
I don't think any manufacturer is building EVs to order yet. They tend to be only available in a couple of build options in about 4 different colours unless anyone can show otherwise.

I'm sure that I heard somewhere on the grapevine that the initial batch of Honda e weren't being built on a production line yet.

My experience with the MG ZS EV last year was that other than the first couple of cars built, they were allocated randomly and not based on the reservation order.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 amI don't think any manufacturer is building EVs to order yet. They tend to be only available in a couple of build options in about 4 different colours unless anyone can show otherwise.
Porsche does !
https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt ... t%2fall%2f
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:40 am
londiniumperson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 amI don't think any manufacturer is building EVs to order yet. They tend to be only available in a couple of build options in about 4 different colours unless anyone can show otherwise.
Porsche does !
https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt ... t%2fall%2f
Mmmmmm.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post