Honda E sound system, what brand?

All Honda E related discussions
eread

Post by eread »

Just wondering if anyone was able to find the brand of the sound system setup or just an in-house/whatever solution by Honda/random third party. Maybe a brand like Infinity, Harmon Kardon, B & O, JBL, Bose, etc.

The only detail I've found is this;
https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/199768/2020-honda-e-33 wrote:The Honda e comes with a six-speaker 180-watt sound system, while the Honda e Advance receives an upgraded 376-watt premium audio system, with an external amp, 75-watt subwoofer located under the rear seat, and 45-watt centre speaker added as one of eight speakers for additional sound depth.

bogga

Post by bogga »

Well using the web'o'lies we see that Pioneer do the audio for Honda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... and_brands
eread

Post by eread »

bogga wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 pm Well using the web'o'lies we see that Pioneer do the audio for Honda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... and_brands
Interesting, don't think I've ever heard any Pioneer branded speakers but I do know the brand. I'll be curious to see if they are any good and what general characteristics they have (bass-heavy, extreme clarity/fidelity, not powerful enough, etc.)
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I thought the system sounded fine with Spotify.
There is separate bass, mid and treble adjustment, together with the separate subwoofer level.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:41 pm I thought the system sounded fine with Spotify.
It must be doing something incredible if it's able to make Spotify sound good. :lol:
bogga

Post by bogga »

I had a test drive today, didn't sound great.. HOWEVER, that was the default settings, might need some tweaking, for something that has a built in sub, the default settings do not use it.... I've got another test drive next week, I'll have a play with the sound settings then.
eread

Post by eread »

bogga wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:12 pm I had a test drive today, didn't sound great.. HOWEVER, that was the default settings, might need some tweaking, for something that has a built in sub, the default settings do not use it.... I've got another test drive next week, I'll have a play with the sound settings then.
Please please do and If you can find a really high quality 24 bit FLAC 96khz file with a high bit rate (I might be able to find a sample if you wish?) that would be amazing (make sure to copy to a USB for best reliable results!) just say you really want to test the radio or something and I'm sure they'd be okay with it.

I'm looking for something that's pretty much very balanced in quality, loudness, and bass. I'm not bothered in having heavy-duty bass that blows you out the seat like some systems - I just want something really really balanced with very high clarity without sound too much of an audio nerd.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

You are a hifi nerd ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think you might be a bit disappointed. It was better than my previous Mini JCW set up. But not like home hifi quality. Or even top end car sound system.
Good suggestion to test high end audio file. But Iโ€™ll be listening to purchased Spotify account or podcasts from BBC. For which I was pleasantly surprised.
bogga

Post by bogga »

I've currently got a Seat Leon FR 184 Technology (phew, long name), and that came with a 5 speaker plus sub, that sounds a lot better than the Honda E I did the test drive in, however, I have tweaked the settings in the Seat, so, I will see if I can do that same in the Honda (next test drive Monday).
eread

Post by eread »

Joolsdc wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 pm You are a hifi nerd ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think you might be a bit disappointed. It was better than my previous Mini JCW set up. But not like home hifi quality. Or even top end car sound system.
Good suggestion to test high end audio file. But Iโ€™ll be listening to purchased Spotify account or podcasts from BBC. For which I was pleasantly surprised.
I just knew what the highest quality file was because there's a guy I know that's exactly an audiophile. EVERYTHING MUST BE CRISP, EVERYTHING MUST BE PURE SOUND, YOU HEAR THAT? PURE SONG SILENCE. Type of guy quite an interesting character :lol: I'm not that level in the slightest but it would be neat in general if the sound system was at least better than some crappy stock underpowered one. Not to mention I'd like the radio to be of good quality seeing as EV's make little/no noise. I think it would be a little strange to me just to hear road/tire noise

Testing an HQ file should be a very very quick way to check the sound system and what it can sound like.
bogga wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:59 pm I've currently got a Seat Leon FR 184 Technology (phew, long name), and that came with a 5 speaker plus sub, that sounds a lot better than the Honda E I did the test drive in, however, I have tweaked the settings in the Seat, so, I will see if I can do that same in the Honda (next test drive Monday).
If you do need a good quality file to test with don't be shy and let me know. I'll grab something from the person I know - I'm sure he will have something to share!
Last edited by eread on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post