e test drives

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:17 pm It will great to hear an update after your Tuesday dealer visit.
Okay. Not much to report though. I did ask to look in the boot because I forgot to do that during my test drive, and I wanted to check it for size. I was concerned that it might not be very deep, and it isn't. I think it's about 13" deep. My shopping bags are 14" deep, so they'll be a snug fit under the rear parcel shelf (that should help to stop them falling over when cornering).

I asked about the rumoured software update, and the salesman confirmed that they had received a bulletin about it 3 or 4 days ago. That's the reason that the cars have been delayed from the previously stated end of July to the end of August. He didn't know what the software update was supposed to change or fix.

He asked if I wanted the 5 years service package, but he didn't know what the normal service costs would be, and I don't know how long I'll keep the car, so I declined.

The only other thing to report is that the £500 price increase months ago was because of the government grant being reduced by £500, but they have honoured the original price they quoted when I ordered (on 13th December). The cost of the non-yellow colours also increased from £500 to £550 months ago, so ordering back in December has saved me £550, so it was worth it after all. :)

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Thanks for the update. Did you enjoy the test drive? I certainly did. Need a second one with my wife
There have been more “advertising” on Twitter about the e
I think we lack information about the Honda service offer around the e
keithr

Post by keithr »

Joolsdc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm Did you enjoy the test drive? I certainly did.
Yes, apart from being disappointed by the poor efficiency and therefore small range (and more tyre/road noise than I had expected). I had hoped I could achieve the WLTP Combined rating (so over 130 miles per full charge), as I usually get quite close to the WLTP rating for my LEAF, but it seems the brochure quote of an efficiency of 17.8 kWh/100km, with 28.5kWh useable battery capacity, giving 99.5miles range, is more accurate than the WLTP rating. My 18 miles test drive looked to be giving about 100 miles per 100% capacity. I've ordered a car with 16" wheels so that improves it to 17.2 kWh/100km, but that will only give another 3.5 miles per 100% capacity. (For comparison, the LEAF has an efficiency of about 13.8 - 15 kWh/100km.)

The test drive was too short to familarise fully with the car, as it will take a while of playing with the various apps and menus to get to know where everything is. I even forgot to check out the glass roof with sun blind. But at least it was long enough to find out about the important things like ride, handling, noise, comfort, and range, and to check our those "mirrors".

I've committed to buying one now, so hopefully I'll enjoy it!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keithr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:17 pm It will great to hear an update after your Tuesday dealer visit.
Okay. Not much to report though.
The only other thing to report is that the £500 price increase months ago was because of the government grant being reduced by £500, but they have honoured the original price they quoted when I ordered (on 13th December). The cost of the non-yellow colours also increased from £500 to £550 months ago, so ordering back in December has saved me £550, so it was worth it after all. :)
Thanks again for the update.
I was aware of the PICG reduction but not the extra £50 on the non standard colour.
As far as I know, my order will also be honoured at the original price.
I'm waiting for Boris's Wednesday's announcement on the rare off chance that they'll be additional savings announced.

Did you find out if you'll receive both the 3 pin granny charger as well as the type 2 cable?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

In regards to the 5yr service plan, it's transferable to subsequent owners, however I also don't think that I'll go for it the current price.
Normally service plans can be purchased after the original purchase date up until a specified time/mileage, so I'll try and find out the cut off date on the current offer because there could well be a better one later.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 pm Did you find out if you'll receive both the 3 pin granny charger as well as the type 2 cable?
TLDR: YES!

See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=195#p1162
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

So I have just had a conversation with the branch manager of my dealership. He explained to me that they are still unable to arrange demonstrations as Honda are struggling to get the e registered for the UK plug in electric car grant (backlog at OLEV Honda are saying). If they register the car before this is sorted then the dealership will have to pay the full-price for their demonstrators and will not be able to reclaim the £3000 later. The car is uninsurable if it is not registered, and so can’t be used for demos. He has provided me with evidence of this, which I won’t disclose here.
londiniumperson

tcg68 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:35 pm So I have just had a conversation with the branch manager of my dealership. He explained to me that they are still unable to arrange demonstrations as Honda are struggling to get the e registered for the UK plug in electric car grant (backlog at OLEV Honda are saying). If they register the car before this is sorted then the dealership will have to pay the full-price for their demonstrators and will not be able to reclaim the £3000 later. The car is uninsurable if it is not registered, and so can’t be used for demos. He has provided me with evidence of this, which I won’t disclose here.
I had a test drive in a car with trade plates and I've just checked the gov.uk website and it states:
'Trade licence plates can save you time and money if you’re in the motor industry - you will not have to register and tax every vehicle temporarily in your possession.'
There's no definition of temporary in the accompanying documentation and no where that I can find that a car has to be registered to use them.

Image attached to show quoted text above:

IMG_20200708_174800.jpg