Got to test drive today....

All Honda E related discussions
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Sound inside and out around 2:13

I love it, it reminds me of 10cc's 'I'm not in love'
Wonder if we'll be able to download different 'ring tones'. Would be nice to make it sound like an Aston Martin Vanquish on start up!

Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Honda Swansway Bolton are not as yet offering 24 hour test drives as they haven’t taxed their demonstrator yet!
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

I believe the situation with 24-hour test drives is that the trade plate insurance won't cover you overnight at home. That will change when the cars are fully road registered, but that won't happen until the £3,000/£3,500 grant is in place. And Honda UK, it seems, has yet to get this through.
keithr

Post by keithr »

eread wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:32 pm Finally someone tested the pedestrian warning noise - glad that you couldn't hear the UFO sound from within the car :lol: did your test car have the 16 or 17 inch wheels?
I think that the reason that you can't hear the VSP (Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians) is because it is drowned out by the tyre noise! My Nissan LEAF is quiet enough that I can just hear the high pitched whine that it makes (which you can turn off with a button, so it's easy to confirm that it's the VSP noise that you were hearing). The Honda e isn't as quiet. With that amount of tyre noise you probably don't need any VSP noise as well!

When I get my car, which will have the 16" wheels, I'll report on the difference it makes (if I can notice any difference when driving the cars two months apart!).
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Left4Cookies wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:13 am Is there a video somewhere of the pedestrian warning noise? I didn’t hear ANYTHING when I tested it, even with the windows down listening for it.

Maybe they did it very well and made it sound like an electric motor similarly to the i3. I have a friend who owns one and always thought it was just the whine from the electric motor.
Pure sci-fi UFO vibe...

Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Oh that’s an interesting sound. Thanks for the links. Can’t believe I missed that when driving it.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Here are more sound-related links:

https://automobilrevue.ch/2020/05/05/ka ... hrklaenge/
(BTW: check out the sound of the Fiat 500E)

and:

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

pburgess wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:18 am I believe the situation with 24-hour test drives is that the trade plate insurance won't cover you overnight at home. That will change when the cars are fully road registered, but that won't happen until the £3,000/£3,500 grant is in place. And Honda UK, it seems, has yet to get this through.
They have as of last week - https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants
Rei

Post by Rei »

When I spoke to my dealer he didn't know how Honda were planning to honour the £3,500 grant they promised, he hadn't been told anything.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Second test drive for me to day. Taking Mrs Jools and bringing the e home to see garage fit, get Daugher and friends opinion. Will report back

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post