Your questions to Honda UK, please

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

You could ask, why is the Honda e so inefficient? For example, on my test drive I managed 3.6 miles/kWh while driving on the same roads (around town), on the same day, same traffic conditions, and driving in the same gentle way as in my Nissan LEAF 40kWh, in which I achieved 5.2 miles/kWh. The LEAF is a larger car, weighing slightly more than the Honda e, with its electric motor making more or less exactly the same peak power and torque as the Honda e, so I would have expected the Honda to have very similar power consumption, and not to consume over 40% more battery charge to travel the same distance.

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

kbjpick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:45 am Why is there such a collective opinion of poor communication on this important car for Honda? The reserve.honda.co.uk has NEVER been updated!
THIS!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

rickwookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:48 pm
kbjpick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:45 am Why is there such a collective opinion of poor communication on this important car for Honda? The reserve.honda.co.uk has NEVER been updated!
THIS!
Yes.
What I would be very interested in in this context is whether Honda is really serious about their electric strategy.
Honda's CEO (https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/ ... tshine-evs) was extremely critical about the future of full-electric cars and Honda does little to sell its vehicles. Did they only need a certain number to meet their CO2 quota?
With many technical details I can't get rid of the impression that the start was very ambitious and obsessed with details - but suddenly it was: Stop - we'll take it easy now...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Peter,
In addition to those questions already posed, please can you raise these:
1. The Honda e was originally advertised as being capable of supporting 100kW CCS charging, why is this now not available? Having 100kW charging offsets the small battery, however now only 50kW charging is now available this significantly impacts longer journeys.
2. Please tell us how much of the advertised 35.5kWh capacity is actually useable?
3. When is the Honda e going to be NCAP rated?
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Thanks to everyone who participated here. Lots of good questions, so please don't post any more.

I will let you know when I have the answers.

Regards

Peter Burgess
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

When is the press event supposed to take place this week?
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

It's all week.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

pburgess wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:32 amIt's all week.
Oh alright. Thanks.

I'm not from the UK so I'm not that much into your media, but is there a good place with aggregated news as they come out this week?
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Left4Cookies wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am
Oh alright. Thanks.

I'm not from the UK so I'm not that much into your media, but is there a good place with aggregated news as they come out this week?
If you search for the hashtag #hondae on both Twitter and Instagram (and maybe also on Facebook, but I don't have it) you will regularly find news about the e. Also from employees of Honda UK at the press event, for example.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

OK,

I am still awaiting Honda UK's response to your questions. These cover tricky things that few other have asked, so I am guessing they are having to refer back to Japan.

Meanwhile, I drove the Honda e extensively at the media launch on Tuesday and you can read my thoughts here:

https://www.motoringelectric.com/review ... 20-review/

Peter Burgess

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post