Camouflaged Honda e

All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

This is weird:
Obviously Honda E's are driving around in Japan with camouflage. Either it is a marketing gag (Honda E is also introduced there) or they are already working on a facelift...

https://creative311.com/?p=96843

Translation:"The new Honda e (Honda e) development vehicle has been spotted as Honda's first pure EV model, which is finally due to be released in the Japanese market around the fall of 2020 (a big thanks to N for the images!). .

The new Honda e development vehicle that was spotted this time was seen near the Ariake Tennis Forest intersection in Ariake 3-chome, Koto-ku, Tokyo at around 12:17 pm on July 21, 2020, and although the entire body is camouflaged, it has official "Shinagawa number 3" instead of temporary numbers affixed to it. It was said to have been done.

You can see it through the camouflage, but you can also see the endearing front mask that is typical of the Honda e. The front end has a framed area that appears to be a grill-less bumper that would be different from the body color, round-eye type front LED headlights, and LED The daytime running lights are flashing LED blinkers of the type that signal the turn, which is a pretty rare sighting.

Incidentally, it seems more likely to be a higher grade given the simple single-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels on the feet (some sources say the entry-level version is 16 inches)."

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-22 um 13.02.16.png

Screenshot from https://creative311.com/?p=96843

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Is it a "Type R"?
Does it have only two doors (with misleading lines in the back)?
What are the two horns on the roof for? Will it drive autonomously?
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

There's more pictures in this tweet:

It's obviously all in Japanese, but from what I can gather translating it, the guys commenting on it are also confused about it, apart from the fact it's a "Honda E test vehicle". Go figure.
Last edited by Left4Cookies on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Your Japanese is very good RAL. :lol:

Also saw these pics on Twitter and thought, are probably old pics, have often seen pics of camouflaged e's from Japan. Do not think that they are already giving the e a facelifts, more something with technology (for Japanese market?) as you already indicate.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

iHansz様、ありがとうございました。技術的なサポートがなければ、これほど早くはできなかったでしょう。
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

:ugeek:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

This guy is very enthusiastic and seems certain it's sonar and lidar. It's obvious on those pictures that the "horns" are cameras of some kind. Maybe they're doing some self-driving tests?

Translated:

Honda e LiDAR-equipped model! I wondered why I was running an e-camouflage right now, but it has a sensor! !!
Two LiDAR machines on the back and sides, a fucking deca sensor in the front car, and two sonar sensors on the upper roof of the A pillar. Are you testing on the road to optimize automated driving? !!
eread

Post by eread »

I'd love if they were already working on a facelift. Maybe they've already bumped up the range (one can dream, one can dream) or the R version like you said. I think it's likely a self-drive test.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I can’t see any change to the key shape other than the two roof-mounted sensors. I suspect they’re just using it as a testbed for a fully autonomous driving platform. Would be cool though if the wiring harness was already in place to add those roof sensors if required along with a firmware update to make all existing e’s fully autonomous. 🤪

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post