Honda e sales figures

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Rei wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:12 pm Yeah, dealers have to close on Thursday.
Oh wow, that's tough. Not good for the economy, but lives come first. Good luck. :(
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

eread

Post by eread »

iHansz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:01 pm According to the monthly European Electric Car Report published each month, Honda have registered just 1,000 Honda e's across Western Europe so far this year which accounted for just 2 per cent mix of their total regional registrations.
I don't want it to be true I really want the Honda E to at least get a facelift or refresh - hoping out for a 200-mile range battery. I do think the low range of the Honda E really hampered sales (and COVID, etc) as whenever the E is presented/advertised I always see a large number of people commenting on the low range. If I was going to take a guestimate I would say at least 25% and at most 45% of people were put off the Honda E when it came to range. I know someone that switched heartbeat in a second after seeing the real range of the Honda E compared to the E208. They were really upset because they wanted the E but couldn't justify the near same price for less range.

I hope Honda doesn't see it as a "nobody wants the Honda E, Honda E is finished" and more of a "Well maybe if we added more range? maybe if we were able to get the cost down a bit more?" I mean they are gunning for a 2022 everything EV which is rather close. They should also remind themselves that "Oh hey, COVID hit and practically the economy bomb shelled so that didn't help the sales" also I know the car was made as an EV first but maybe an i3 range-extended like setup to just get a bit more range from the batteries might be cool?
Rei

Post by Rei »

It's silly but for a lot of people that magic 200 makes it a lot easier to not worry about range. They could have got there with a 50kWh battery and a small improvement to efficiency. Other cars in that price bracket have 50kWh batteries but from cheaper battery suppliers.

If they had gone with 50kWh it would be a lot easier to make the decision. I found a new job so I'm looking at EVs again and while I want the Honda e the problem is for about 12k you can get a used Leaf 30 with similar range or for about the same price as the e you can get an eNiro with nearly 300 miles range. Both are nice cars, especially the eNiro which is very quiet and refined.
Maggie_G

Post by Maggie_G »

You can't compare the Honda E to all the others. It's like comparing apples with oranges. I don't care what range the Corsa e has or the rest, their boring. I wasn't in the market for a ev and I was prepared to wait 3 more years but I feel I love with the E. Choose a EV thats got enough range for your daily drive! Then put it on charge. Most people don't drive 90-100 miles aday.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Maggie_G wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:01 pm You can't compare the Honda E to all the others. It's like comparing apples with oranges. I don't care what range the Corsa e has or the rest, their boring. I wasn't in the market for a ev and I was prepared to wait 3 more years but I feel I love with the E. Choose a EV thats got enough range for your daily drive! Then put it on charge. Most people don't drive 90-100 miles aday.
I fully agree with you, I need to put my e on for at least a part charge the day before each commute because there's no way I can get 2 days out of a 100% charge, especially now it's getting frosty in the mornings.

A colleague that I work with who lives in the same town as me bought a 1st gen 30kWh Leaf a few weeks before I collected my e. Again like you I wasn't interested in any of the other BEVs
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Rei

Post by Rei »

You can't compare but sometimes you have to be practical. If that wasn't a concern the e would be perfect!
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Maggie_G wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:01 pm You can't compare the Honda E to all the others. It's like comparing apples with oranges. I don't care what range the Corsa e has or the rest, their boring. I wasn't in the market for a ev and I was prepared to wait 3 more years but I feel I love with the E. Choose a EV thats got enough range for your daily drive! Then put it on charge. Most people don't drive 90-100 miles aday.
Hear, hear! :mrgreen:
1st registered Oct 2020
eread

Post by eread »

No need to convince me the E wins every day on that front. The Corsa E is a bit ugly and a Corsa that's very bare inside the E208 has a steering wheel designed for a midget the E is on an entirely different level :lol:

In terms of range, it's quite difficult still not to compare it to other EV's in the market, and having a 200 ish mile range would mean that you wouldn't need to worry about having creature comforts like climate control and heated seats/steering wheel on. I know someone that constantly drives with the auto feature on in their car and blower speed set to max as they prefer that to having the windows open. I think there's something just right with around 160 miles of range for me. I don't need Tesla range but I think 160 suits about right.
CSX

Post by CSX »

The E is a class apart from the other vehicles in build quality, style and specification IMO. That said, if this is your only vehicle and you regularly need a 100+ mile range (or a big boot) then it’s probably not suitable. I suspect it will be a modest seller unless it gets a 50kw battery. Personally, it doesn’t bother me too much if other EVs proliferate.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Only 14 e's were delivered in November, bringing the total to 64 units now. We will not make it to 100 this year, I think.
1st registered Oct 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post