What consumption do you get?

All Honda E related discussions
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Since we are now more people actually owning and driving the E, I would be interested in hearing what consumption figures you, as owners, are getting on a daily basis.

I get as low as 125-135Wh/km (average) when being really careful and a bit slow. 150-160Wh/km when driving normally but avoiding hard acc. and too many hills. 170-180Wh/km when just driving and enjoying the car and all it can do. 200+Wh/km on motorways or enthusiastic driving in the hills around here.

Quick accelerations and hills seem to have a major impact on consumption. Only takes a few to blow the average for a gentle ride. Regen can regain most if I actively use it as much as possible.

I ride mostly in sport mode, with climate on Auto most of the time. Only when trying to get below 150Wh it turn A/C of occationally. Don't think sport mode negatively affects consumption at normal driving.

JordanM

Post by JordanM »

I don't have the Honda e but am very tempted (probably more so after my test drive due this Thursday).

From your figures, your getting c250Wh/mile for normal driving, which equates to a range of c114 miles. Interesting. Then on the motorway, the range drops to about 85 miles?

Anybody else have any stats?
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

The other point to consider is nett to gross battery size. If 35.5kWh is the gross, is 28.8kWh the nett? Hence is the 125 mile range off the nett?
And will Honda increase nett in the future, like Jag did with the I Pace?
And what is the 70% battery life guarantee after 8 years based on?
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

On Saturday we did a sort of pointless test. The battery was fully charged and we headed North up the A1. I was pushing the car very hard but sticking to the speed limit. With flat to the floor acceleration and cruising at 70MPH, we managed to do 76 miles round trip, but took the battery level down to 25% in so doing. Very much outside the comfort zone of this car, but not what it’s designed for at all. We haven’t done too many ‘sensible’ trips yet as we’re only on day 4 of ownership, but it’s cool and fun to drive. Luckily literally with this hot weather!

For reference, the car is an Advance on 16s.

Anyone else find the Yokos are a tad noisy?
JordanM

Post by JordanM »

So in theory you could have got c100 miles if you ran the battery to zero. That's reassuring, although the weather is pretty decent. In winter that would drop to closer to the 75 mark. Looking forward to Thursday and the test drive.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I have motorway speed tests that I did not long ago.
Same route, both ways constant speed from start (cruise control) 120km/h no AC, outside temp 24ºC/26ºC has one big hill (so hill going and downhill coming)
Mind you that in the last test I had 9% range of 12kms left and charging station was at 16kms. Not going to make make it crossed my mind :lol: :lol: :(
I did the 16kms,avg speed 45/60km/h arrived with 12% and 22kms left at the charging station.

24% ->31Kms
48% -> 62Kms
96% -> 93Kms
120% -> 124Kms (hypothesized)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

FDAD wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 am 24% ->31Kms
48% -> 62Kms
96% -> 93Kms
120% -> 124Kms (hypothesized)
I also get 1%/km at fast motorway speed (top speed where possible). My friends Tesla S also get 50% of claimed range (=about 200km) driving like that. And so does my diesel Civic 😉
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

My rough guide is 1% per Mile normal A & B roads 30, 40, 50 mph (not motorway speeds).
I’m getting 4m/kWh easily on Day Out trips of 40-50 miles. Sometimes 4.4 or better. I use One Pedal mode a lot, and max 3 bars regen hills. We live high up. Also set up Auto Brake function on “Handbrake” which makes junctions, lights etc eeasee peasee. AirCon obviously eats energy, and it is stupid hot this week.

Basically if the traffic is holding me back, I am conserving energy, because when I get the chance, I switch to FUN mode (the Japs named it Sport)
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post