Honda e [Advance] Sound System

All Honda E related discussions
marab

Post by marab »

I had new speakers installed in my front door yesterday. We chose the Blam Relax 2 speakers, the change is really big.
The result of the assembly is fantastic.

https://www.carmedia.cz/montaze-autohi ... eni-dveri/
Advance with 17" wheels, platinum white pearl
first registration 06/2020 in Austria
first wrecked Honda e in the world :twisted:

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Very good
What is the Standard Professional black plastic covering? Does this help to damp out unwanted sounds?

Thanks for the photos
marab

Post by marab »

Advance with 17" wheels, platinum white pearl
first registration 06/2020 in Austria
first wrecked Honda e in the world :twisted:
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Looks great! I ended up with Audison Prima APK 165 and no regrets
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

FDAD wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm Looks great! I ended up with Audison Prima APK 165 and no regrets
Hey FDAD, I am about to get the same and can you share more info like if it's a one-to-one replacement or how much work like cutting material etc wll be required?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

williamchan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm
FDAD wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm Looks great! I ended up with Audison Prima APK 165 and no regrets
Hey FDAD, I am about to get the same and can you share more info like if it's a one-to-one replacement or how much work like cutting material etc wll be required?
Woowow stop right there! Don't you dare to cut anything! 🤣 The is no need for that, for the mid speakers you'll need adapters both for wires and for the speaker itself. The original tweeters can be unscrewed and the new ones hotglued in place. I didn't cut a single wire.

You'll need something like this.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

FDAD wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:28 pm
Woowow stop right there! Don't you dare to cut anything! 🤣 The is no need for that, for the mid speakers you'll need adapters both for wires and for the speaker itself. The original tweeters can be unscrewed and the new ones hotglued in place. I didn't cut a single wire.

yea I had this adapter ordered days ago and wanna try it out anyway before cutting anything! now that I know the adapter will work and I think I will just wait until it arrive.

Turned out which center speaker you are using and no cutting too?
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

DifficultNorth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:33 pm I have disassembled the door panel again to measure and took a couple of photos of the process this time.

18B1BD15-53BE-406F-B324-783F5F9D91EF.jpeg
There are a total of 3 philips head screws. Two behind the door handle, and one behind a plastic cover on the mid section of the door.

8435A60D-BACD-41C9-A1D9-853953AA86CA.jpeg
The plastic cover behind the door handle has a small indent to access a single clip holding the cover in place. Press a thin and narrow piece of metal into the indent and the cover should pop off.

AE27CB97-A57A-446F-963D-5522DCC93D2C.jpeg
The plastic cover on the mid section of the door pops upwards quite easily.

The clips are pretty tight but if you get a good grip at the bottom of the door panel where it is a bit more flexible and pull it away from the door the clips should pop out. Make sure to put all the clips back on the door panel if some are stuck on the door afterwards.

The speaker itself measures approx 160mm (6,5 inch) and I will try to get a set of the JBL Club 622 speakers and see if it will fit out of the box as it includes different sets of brackets to fit most car models, hopefully one of these brackets will fit the Honda e. Shops are closed for easter here but I will pick up the speakers on tuesday and let you guys know how it works out for me!
Good job, by any chance you can share a bit in detail or video how to remove the cover behind the handle? I can see the little gap and tried to use the tool that i got to open it but failed :-(
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

williamchan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:47 pm

yea I had this adapter ordered days ago and wanna try it out anyway before cutting anything! now that I know the adapter will work and I think I will just wait until it arrive.

https://www.soundimports.eu/en/dayton-a ... a90-4.html
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

FDAD wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 pm
williamchan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:47 pm

https://www.soundimports.eu/en/dayton-a ... a90-4.html
perfect thanks!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post