Honda e [Advance] Sound System

All Honda E related discussions
eread

Post by eread »

Quite disappointing looking at that speaker expected something a bit better for a "premium" sound system in all honesty. Years ago I remember upgrading my old car that had 2 front and 2 rear OEM speakers to these during a sale for £40 for 4 and it was the best thing ever. Sounded like a cinema because I already had a good sony single din radio fitted very clear and balanced, loved it.
Left4Cookies wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:58 am Maybe it's something dreamautomotive would be able to say at some point in the other thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224 ? Seems like an obvious place to start looking into upgrades if that's what they're going to do :).
I hope they do offer some sound upgrades. I like very clear/balanced speakers

Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Has anyone found any change to their sound when maxing out the sub woofer setting? I can hear no difference. I think my subby installation may have been overlooked or failed to be connected. Seems unlikely though.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Malcs wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 am Has anyone found any change to their sound when maxing out the sub woofer setting? I can hear no difference.
I tried increasing the sub-woofer volume and I too didn't notice any difference. Maybe it depends on the music you're playing - perhaps I'd notice when playing something with a bit more bass?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Isn't the subwoofer in the top face on the dashboard?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
bogga

Post by bogga »

According to the press release its under the back seat
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:26 pm According to the press release its under the back seat
Yes It is.. I've already changed the centre speaker and located the sub, it sits below the back right side... You have to remove the rear seat plus door seals + the seat frame. The sub appears to be 10cm diameter. Haven't got to remove it yet.. just taking notes and seeing what i'll have to do before actually getting to it. :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

More photos please FDAD of the sun and access process
That did you replace the front centre speaker with?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Joolsdc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:30 pm More photos please FDAD of the sun and access process
That did you replace the front centre speaker with?
Hi, I'll have them as soon as I can manage to do it..and properly so..don't want you guys making stupid mistakes because of me.
I'll try and post a video showing just the replacement side by side. I installed the new centre speaker without saying nothing to my girlfriend and as soon as she heard some vocals she looked surprised at me asking me if I've had been messing with the EQ or something... (because the proper centre speaker I've ordered hasn't arrived yet). No.. the current replacement is actually smaller and much better. I'll even say the overall system didn't sound half as bad changing just this speaker alone. I've ordered Honda's proprietary speaker connector adapters (As i'll be replacing everything any way) so I don't bucher any connections (I love a clean job).

$_12.jpeg

After analysing several options that could fit with minimal messing around and give what I wanted (proper mids/highs as it's what a center speakers should have)I went with Dayton Audio DMA90-4 https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/162 ... ver-4-ohm
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

New speaker installed... well... now you can hear the door mids getting behind :D huge improvement!

IMG_20200910_191632.jpg

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Is that the Dayton Audio DMA-90 you recommend? V good value at £16.49 on eBay
Looks a neat install
Did you use Honda Civic speaker connectors?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post